V16 tomorrow!

Which one is that, Melkor?

Hi Chris :)

The one with tiles drawing over unit figures. Also, the rotating tank has one of directions shifted.

I'll post a screenshot in bugs thread tonight.

Sad to say, but current build (v15.1) is absolutely unplayable for me.

Having fun with X-com but they left way too much out... Seeing you guys mentioned on the forums over there... Looking at getting into this. I had no clue that this project was happening, it may turn out that Firaxis' departure too far from the original will be the best free marketing over on Xenonauts.

I am so psyched about the progress of this game so far =] It just keeps getting better and better. I payed for the alpha a loooong time ago and absolutely love the progression.

An avid xcom fan, I picked up the firaxis remake (sort of have to if ur a fan of such magnitude) and as fun as it is, the huge appeal of the original was lost to me. Only building 1 base, fewer soldiers with more investment in personality, the feeling that you can reach everywhere on the globe (albeit not at the same time) from one location removed the tactical aspect for me entirely and just replaced it with political decisions.

Fun game, but my heart is set in Xenonauts! =]

Hey guys,

Chris and Sergey are currently working hard on V16.

There's been a bit of a delay which is (at the very least) partially my fault.

Long story short: I uploaded new AI code yesterday, but forgot to upload the project settings which gave a bit of a mess on their end when compiling the project!

To make up for this; I'm currently working hard to add in some extra targeting AI.

It was just a matter of a simple settings file; However Chris is in the middle of moving to the new office and has been hard at work at getting everything setup. So I really can't give even the slightest bit of ETA.

The only thing I can communicate is that I'm using every minute of delay to pump in new code. :-)

Hey guys,

Chris and Sergey are currently working hard on V16.

There's been a bit of a delay which is (at the very least) partially my fault.

Long story short: I uploaded new AI code yesterday, but forgot to upload the project settings which gave a bit of a mess on their end when compiling the project!

To make up for this; I'm currently working hard to add in some extra targeting AI.

You shouldn't play with people feelings this way !! hahahaha it's bank holidays in Spain and all I wanted was to kill some aliens :'( it's ok it's ok... I won't make a scene hahahahaha

It should still be coming tonight, but it seems that the Middle East maps, the overdamage system and the new soldier portraits might have to wait another few days.

I've been putting together some basic Arctic and Desert tileset maps to make up for it.

Ahhh, excellent, more faces for my recruits! I do like having a wide variety of people. I'm really excited about this coming update. The variet in terrain will be wonderful as well. Hopefully most of the recruitment and save related bugs will be purged. By the way, is it possible to remove soldier photos from one's file cache? Just in case some of the ones who paid for the portraits are a little chunky, as I seem to find so often with my fellow gamers. Obviously one doesn't want to have, ahhh... any weight-challenged individuals (is that the politically correct term for fat people now a days?)... in one's special forces.