UFOs & Being Horrible (part 2)

Chris

That's what happens when you dig into a high pressure natural gas line with a backhoe. You'll notice that it destroyed almost the entire farm.

aaah that would explain it. looked to big an area to be a placed explosive of reasonable size (guess it could have been a stockpile of some sort though). looked oddly directional and didn't seem to have a crater that matched the scorch marks.

I don't know how I missed both of these threads!

I think I'd prefer the interior and exterior to not be split up, but if you must you must.

Concerning clunky insides, I never really reacted to it. I mean, these are space faring vessels. There has to be ALOT of systems in them, so it's not really that strange that they are smaller on the insides. Plating, shielding, storage, wiring, engine, exhaust, oxygen(or equalent) tanks, oxygen scrubbers, lighting.. the list goes on.

I like your submissions zzz1010, for maximizing space available. However, it'd be odd with so much open space I'd find. Larger ships would probably need some sort of restitution area, or private spaces for higher ranks and so forth. While they are aliens, I find it implausible that they stand about their entire lives, even when serving on a military craft.

I like your submissions zzz1010, for maximizing space available. However, it'd be odd with so much open space I'd find.

I assume he is only providing suggestions for outer hull and size of ship. Since thats whats causing the issues. Of course it will be rooms. But why would he add those now? Its not up to him.

I assume he is only providing suggestions for outer hull and size of ship. Since thats whats causing the issues. Of course it will be rooms. But why would he add those now? Its not up to him.

Yes, I think it's an "of course" thing too. But not everyone's like me. :P

Just for the full set - the landing ship.

Yes, it's all just about shape, size and interior space (and because it was sort of fun). Guy who make all these nice offices know better how to use this space, I think. But for it was not to be just empty space I put there example layout "blueprint" with some basic props.

thumb.png

land-shipt2.jpg

land-shipt2.jpg

land-shipt2.jpg.5d7fae6993144bfbec1c6284

Edited by zzz1010

Do you think you could show all the ships for scale ?

It's not very precise, and I still have only simplistic scetchup model for battelship with slightly different proportions of tile and silly roof. And we still lost destroer (I'm not sure where in line it must to be, i'm not very seilor person). Maybe something like 30x45 or 35x50

Bu~ut something like this

thumb.png

Edited by zzz1010

Wow so many cool ships!! thanks for showing that zzz! i only see normal space ships which is cool but can you make some creature ships like the Combine Gunship and Dropship from half life 2? it would be cool to see an alien race controlling a giant space whale-like creature as a ships. would be even more cool to see hunters the animal-like robotic war-machines in terror sites hahahahaha.

Heres the wiki for the Combine creatures used for war

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Synth

Thanks zzz1010,

That Battleship shape is difficult as it is and the interior will be even more. :/

And we still lost destroer (I'm not sure where in line it must to be, i'm not very seilor person).

If they keep the naval analogy, the destroyer would be between corvette and cruiser.

As I'm looking at the biggest ships (45X45 and 35X65), if they can come in those 85X65 maps, they still strike me as massive (also 8 levels for the carrier, that's insane xD).