Realistic Aircrafts mod v1.0

SoloA

I'm looking very much forward to see a new compatible version of this mod.

I'm with you, I played this waay back in the day and it was hella fun. I like having a tonne of options and a wide selection of stuff, even if its mostly situtational or side-grades.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, SoloA, so you could try to cooperate with or even join the Into Darkness team! Those guys over there are really ambitious and competent and may be willing to add your mod to theirs. But since you add A LOT of crafts and they put some serious time on balancing stuff, it could take a while...

Anyway it will be a good idea to create a tier1+ aircrafts on the same way Tactical Dragon did with guns. I mean... instead of going directly to sci-fy stuff from human made aircrafts, you may first develop a better fighter who is a real life one but ahead of the time frame of the game. Into Darkness already kinda do it but in fact they diversifies aircraft roles, one is not exactly an evolution of the other, so I think they could add lots of new planes to the game. Something like F-17 Condor > F-22 Raptor: the Raptor occupies the exactly same niche of the F-17 but do it better, not a different one like the new crafts in Into Darkness do.

This would be cool 'cause I like to play with real life stuff or plausible ones in games, not just sci-fi! (achieving air superiority with Su-47s?? Awesome!!)

I can see there are lots of people wh are keen to see SoloA take up the mod again, but I tell you all now the best way to drive a modder away from a mod is to ask, beg, plead, nag, scold or otherwise suggest that the modder do the mod again. Making a mod comes from the heart, from the desires of the modder. If those desires aren't natural, then the modder will either half-heartedly do the work (and it will be crap), or turn away from it completely.

I've asked him if I can update and merge the aircraft into Xenophobia. Hopefully hes cool with that and I can breathe life back into the mod.

Update. SoloA has kindly agreed to the merger. I've added all his aircraft and weapons to Xenophobia v1.3.0+

Edited by Slayerjerman

Wow really great mod! Though I've never thought the Jaguar is an interceptor though. BAC Lightning on the other hand... :)

Is it possible to get a limited late Cold War interceptor only edition of this mod? Just for the immersion all blocs provide 1-2 most advanced interceptors of 80s. USA F-14/F-15. USSR Su-27/Mig-31(25). EU - Tornado/Mirage 2000. Effectively removing outdated planes, light fighters, recon and ground attack aircraft from the picture.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am just curious, but is there a sheet or reference to what plane is based on what real life equivalent plane? Considering I am curious overall. *EDIT* Oh, durp, I realized they are their real life names, don't mind me.

Edited by Ryusho
derp

Is it possible to get a limited late Cold War interceptor only edition of this mod? Just for the immersion all blocs provide 1-2 most advanced interceptors of 80s. USA F-14/F-15. USSR Su-27/Mig-31(25). EU - Tornado/Mirage 2000. Effectively removing outdated planes, light fighters, recon and ground attack aircraft from the picture.

good points I´d be interested in a more time frame restricted Mod version with let´s say a handful of tier 1 planes / weapons in overall before research allows the vanilla scifi upgrades.

the different roles could be something like

1)strongest dogfighter / lowest fuel reserves / highest upkeep cost

2)weaker support dogfighter/ big fuel range / low monthly cost

3)multipurpose / medium anything / high cost

4)quick but weakest recon with just 1 small missile slot and great fuel range / very low cost

with maybe 1 & 3 in slightly different versions performancewise for both NATO & Warsaw pact.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only the aircraft names. A lot in the title screen also gets replaces by #### and as expected, in it's current version, my game crashes when it goes beyond the title screen. It's too bad because in what this mod does it was kind of unique.

I'm still dreaming about a working zip with an instruction how to only involve those planes and/or weapons you want and modify the stats of those planes. Because it appears everyone seems to have other ideas of how to use this mods huge variety. Personally I'm looking for a way to include planes that do what the Condor and the Foxbat do, just more fitting to the countries they are used within. So a Blackbird with the Foxbat stats, a Su-27 with the Condor stats, a Tornado for european countries with the Condor stats and so on, so that every continent can have a Condor and Foxbat representation that is authentic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...