Change number hotkey for soldiers?

AvistTorch

In my latest playthrough of X-Com: UFO Defense, I've taken to dividing soldiers into fireteams. In X-Com, I changed their names to add a tag indicating what squad and fireteam the soldier was in, but that meant a lot of back-and-forth changing names and numbers as circumstances changed.

With Xenonauts, the number hotkeys could make it easy to keep track of soldiers this way, but as far as I can tell, even though you can reposition soldiers in the dropship, there isn't actually an easy way to change what soldier is assigned to which hotkey. Am I missing something? If not, is this something that could be implemented?

Edited by AvistTorch

There's no assign hotkey-to-soldier function in the ground combat, and I really don't see the need of this..

If you want to have your snipers in keys 1..3, you can arrange your troops in the base view, clearing your soldier's dropship assignment and then re-assigning them in the order you want.. IMHO, is not worth adding a function to do this, few people would use it!

There's no assign hotkey-to-soldier function in the ground combat, and I really don't see the need of this..

If you want to have your snipers in keys 1..3, you can arrange your troops in the base view, clearing your soldier's dropship assignment and then re-assigning them in the order you want.. IMHO, is not worth adding a function to do this, few people would use it!

I take it we won't be able to rearrange the portrait row by dragging and dropping, either?