Meh, as I said I'M not trying to argue here. Just putting another perspective from a fellow preorderer. I too appear to have it (in NZ), will play it soon hopefully, I have a few problems with my computer not really working at the moment

Sorry Sathra

Hmm, wierd, I still don't.

Those who who paid more should get the newer builds before those who didn't. THAT'S common sense AND good business. Taking care of your customers who paid more for a premium experience. If the "masses" wanted it sooner they should've paid for it. The seperate release seems odd to me as well. Both versions are under the same Desura game page. Seems simple enough to tag the one upload for both versions. I guess Desura doesn't allow it.

The complication with this is that everyone who pre-ordered the game prior to the move to Desura paid $30 for it, but has a Standard pre-order with Premium forum access (had to be that way as they could choose a $10 refund or a Premium account). Therefore there's more 'premium' pre-orderers in the Standard branch than in the Premium branch and that's why I upload to the Standard branch first. But yes, I'll make more effort to have them both uploaded at the same time in future.

I'm not sure exactly why this is taking so long though. I might press Desura to allow a multi-upload in future because this is silly.

But you see that's not what you pay for. Either way you pay to test the game, and get it when released. If you pay more, you get the benefits of more, which has never included getting it first. If that was part of the deal, then I'd understand your gripe, but getting it to more players first, and therefore allowing a larger audience to test your game, and remove all the bugs so that the final version is as best as possible, THAT (as you so eleoquently put it) is common sense AND good buisiness. Getting more people to find bugs is always better than giving it to fewer people, especially when you didn't say you'd do it the other way around.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but wasn't it only delayed by a few hours anyway? What's the big deal?

(Rubbing temples) Wow, you see that IS what I pay for. I am a customer paying for a product and I am paying more than others. By default I should get first crack. The game will get completed either way. My point is if there is a Xenonauts: Terror from the Deep I will be getting the standard preorder seeing as how they get preferential treatment by spending less. As for Desura, still only 8.1 as of 10:30 last night CST.

I have it too but if this is the case am now beginning to regret having paid a little extra. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend but usually like to give my support to those with good intentions and who I think have potential for something that isn't so popular but

if it means being last on the list or maybe not at all well then it would appear I've been taken for. Wish I had went with standard.

Yeah, I paid extra so the game will come out better to benefit some cheap, discontented punk who paid $10 less.

I can see it coming out first in different regions though and yes Ausie always gets their games at least a day latter, so seems fair.

The complication with this is that everyone who pre-ordered the game prior to the move to Desura paid $30 for it, but has a Standard pre-order with Premium forum access (had to be that way as they could choose a $10 refund or a Premium account). Therefore there's more 'premium' pre-orderers in the Standard branch than in the Premium branch and that's why I upload to the Standard branch first. But yes, I'll make more effort to have them both uploaded at the same time in future.

I'm not sure exactly why this is taking so long though. I might press Desura to allow a multi-upload in future because this is silly.

Ahhh, when you were using PayPal for preorders. No way to switch them over? That is unfortunate. As I figured the whole process seems quite tedious. Thanks for clarifying and listening.

(Rubbing temples) Wow, you see that IS what I pay for. I am a customer paying for a product and I am paying more than others. By default I should get first crack. The game will get completed either way. My point is if there is a Xenonauts: Terror from the Deep I will be getting the standard preorder seeing as how they get preferential treatment by spending less. As for Desura, still only 8.1 as of 10:30 last night CST.

*rubbing temples*(see what i did there?) nowhere was it written that getting first crack at it was a part of the premium package...... just said that you could pay more if you felt the project was worth it. So no premium preorderers do not get first crack at the builds. And if you wanna go regular on a future project, then so be it. Just... maybe read what your agreeing to?

I see two good reasons to stop whining about this incident:

_ First, he did not delay the premium version on purpose. The delay was supposed to be unoticeable.

_ Secondly, Chris doesn't just take your money. He also takes your suggestions into account, reports more often than needed about the progress of the team and reads most posts.

Don't take the later for granted, though. However patient and understanding Chris is with spoiled kids, he might change his mind and have his moderators filter the forum for him.

Yeah, plus his (and Windex's) complaints were valid anyway. It's not common knowledge that legacy pre-orderers are in the standard pre-order group on Desura so what he was proposing is common sense - it just didn't apply in this situation. But he paid for the game so he's entitled to voice his opinions on the way the issue was handled even if they are negative.

I do appreciate the support given our our behalf by Joeneren et al, of course - I just don't want people to feel they're not allowed to complain on these boards without getting bashed by the rest of the community,