[V8.1 - Startup menu] List of avaialble screen resolutions is empty

Quadruple "Ow!"

You're running Mac OS X on Apple and ATI hardware, none of which I'm familiar with. Plus Windows XP, which I don't have installed. Unless my investigoogling and/or a tactical cigarette break result in a revelation, I'm afraid I must admit I'm way out of my league and raise the white flag.

More tech-savvy forumites, it's your time to shine!

Edited by iamkyon

Quadruple "Ow!"

You're running Mac OS X on Apple and ATI hardware, none of which I'm familiar with. Plus Windows XP, which I don't have installed. Unless my investigoogling and/or a tactical cigarette break result in a revelation, I'm afraid I must admit I'm way out of my league and raise the white flag.

More tech-savvy forumites, it's your time to shine!

Oi O_o

The mac part SHOULD have nothing to do with it though, I have a windows hardrive running for it so it's literally like just having windows. Thanks for all the help though, I guess I spent $20 on something I can't even play though :/

Oi O_o

The mac part SHOULD have nothing to do with it though, I have a windows hardrive running for it so it's literally like just having windows. Thanks for all the help though, I guess I spent $20 on something I can't even play though :/

I'm not prepared to give up on the issue yet. Do you find

on updating your display drivers to be of use? It's somewhat out of date, and the uploader is running Windows Vista, but it's better than nothing, I think.

Edited to add: By "out of date", I mean that ATI's corporate website has received an overhaul since the tutorial was created. You should still be able to locate the driver package by following the steps as presented in the video.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to get back to me, though!

Edited by iamkyon

on updating your display drivers to be of use? It's somewhat out of date, and the uploader is running Windows Vista, but it's better than nothing, I think.

Edited to add: By "out of date", I mean that ATI's corporate website has received an overhaul since the tutorial was created. You should still be able to locate the driver package by following the steps as presented in the video.

The video is slow right now (not loading) so I'll have to wait, but just put into play: I have 2010 or '09 bootcamp. Hope that helps :)

The video is slow right now (not loading) so I'll have to wait, but just put into play: I have 2010 or '09 bootcamp. Hope that helps :)

My resolution list is full of all kinds of weird resolutions like 1050x1680. When I try to run it everything, including the cursor, is displayed sideways. It even goes fullscreen when I check windowed. The only resolution that seems to work is 1024x1280, but it's too small to read the text.

That is strange. I get the option to play in 1920x1200 which I've always done, at it works fine. I can read everything. Though assignment drop down menu texts are a bit tiny.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I believe the problem lies in the detection of resolutions. Please note that it says 1024x1280 - which is your normal heighth first instead of width, which most monitors decides to be 1280x1024.

You cannot set that to your native resolution on a video card - my current video card does not allow me to disable rotation, only to change the way it is rotated. Is there a config file for the video anywhere that can be edited and have the resolution manually derived?

I will look around, but again, it appears to be working "properly" based on the resolution you select, the problem lies in how it is being detected by the configuration application before the game even launches. The graphics engine appears to be doing what it is told once the resolution is pushed out.

Same problem here, at home I have a laptop with an ATI HD5650 running in 64bits Win7 and all is ok with the resolutions available, but at work with an Intel integrated graphics in Xp I only receive two weird resolutions to select, some screenshots:

xenoresolutions.jpg

xenointegratedintelgrap.jpg

As you can see, my native resolution is 1440x900 and I have to choose between 1024x1280 or 1050x1400. I know it is a playground sdk issue and I'm trying to find a workaround, but until now I haven't succeed mainly because I can't found any settings file where these resolutions are stored.

I will try to update the graphics card or tweak some options, but an integrated chipset is a pain in the neck solving these kind of issues.

Edited: Solved! Disabling rotation in the intel "advanced" settings works:

xenoresolutionsafterdis.jpg

xenodisablerotation.jpg

Maybe this bug should be included in the bug list thread with this workaround...

Edited by Orumo

• 1 month later...
HOORAY! I've fixed it.

I've tried setting different resolutions on my laptop, changing color depth, aspect rate corrections and it finaly worked after I've switched off "Enable rotation". So for everybody who has the same issue, try switching off screen rotation support in your videocard/firmware settings.

Had the same problem and eventually found the same solution. This also fixed the problem of having only a few screen resolutions to choose from.

Build: V14.1

My graphics drivers: Mobile Intel® 945 Chipset

(For Intel Integrated Graphics Accelerator)

My Laptop: ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BU