[V8.1 - Startup menu] List of avaialble screen resolutions is empty

List of available screen resolutions is empty. I still can start a game but it runs in rediculously small resolution, because of that, UI elements overlapping each other and small text is impossible to read.

Is it possible to manually specify a resolution from a shortcut or some config file?

Weird, I've had a few crashes, but it does bring the resolution screen up. It does seem to pause a lot, both before that and sometimes when it switches screens but it seems to work. Which version are you running, 'play' or 'debug'? I've yet to see a difference with either.

To an extent the problems with this are beyond our control. The display settings are drawn from the engine and the engine owners have never responded to any emails I sent them (I sent another one last week). I might pop into my work, where I'm technically still employed, and give them a ring at some point - it's an international phone call so it's not going to be cheap...

Could you add an argument to the shortcut of the game in order to force a specific resolution? Something like "-resolution 800x600". This could at least be a work-around if you don't get an answer to your query from the engine people.

It would need to be a feature of the engine, for that to work.

I'd suggest this could be a display driver issue, first and foremost?

My resolution list is full of all kinds of weird resolutions like 1050x1680. When I try to run it everything, including the cursor, is displayed sideways. It even goes fullscreen when I check windowed. The only resolution that seems to work is 1024x1280, but it's too small to read the text.

HOORAY! I've fixed it.

I've tried setting different resolutions on my laptop, changing color depth, aspect rate corrections and it finaly worked after I've switched off "Enable rotation". So for everybody who has the same issue, try switching off screen rotation support in your videocard/firmware settings.

HOORAY! I've fixed it.

I've tried setting different resolutions on my laptop, changing color depth, aspect rate corrections and it finaly worked after I've switched off "Enable rotation". So for everybody who has the same issue, try switching off screen rotation support in your videocard/firmware settings.

Unfortunately for me, I don't seem to have that option. I've looked up instructions for where to find that option, but none of the tutorials I've found have helped me. Where did you find it?

Having spoken with the coder in more detail about this, it's really an engine problem we can't fix. We'll probably try harder when beta arrives as it's an issue it seems multiple people are experiencing, but I think it's going to be a massive pain in the ass unless Playfirst actually start to acknowledge our existance and fix the bug at their end.

However, if you do find any way to fix it, like Viik has, please share it on this thread as there may be workarounds to it.

• 1 month later...
My resolution list is full of all kinds of weird resolutions like 1050x1680. When I try to run it everything, including the cursor, is displayed sideways. It even goes fullscreen when I check windowed. The only resolution that seems to work is 1024x1280, but it's too small to read the text.

My exact problem.