More visceral gunfight sounds

I can't be the only one who noticed the lack of impact in Xenonauts when bullets/projectiles hit their target, it feels like I'm shooting at an object, not a real being. Remember the standard encounter in UFO EU and see how visceral it feels?

*choom*

*splatch*

*glurrk!*

I only ask two things:

1: An "target hit" sound, like an organic sound for people, and a metallic one for robots.

2: Make the guns sound stronger, they sound like a bargain basement kids cap gun, make 'em roar like thunder!

Edited by Ace
Spelling for the win

I always thought the sounds for human guns and cannons sound really well. Shotguns and machine guns. But the alien weapons need something more. They are fine for thier smaller pistols. But rifles and alien airweapons lack the punch and dramatic effect. They sound too "pew pewie" About impact sounds, is it only for impacts upon targets? I mean when shells hit ufos an steel sound really good.

Ace - turn your speakers up?

The alien weapon sounds may well be redone. I don't think they sound meaty enough either, but the SFX guy has basically told us we should wait until everything is playable before we do it because it makes his life much easier. Is there no impact noise when a projectile hits an alien then? That may be something we overlooked.

The alien weapon sounds may well be redone. I don't think they sound meaty enough either, but the SFX guy has basically told us we should wait until everything is playable before we do it because it makes his life much easier.

Yes, redo them. The plasma guns sound like "PEEEWWWUHWUUUHUH" which ain't gonna make anyone duck and cover.

Is there no impact noise when a projectile hits an alien then? That may be something we overlooked.

Yes, there's no impact noise or visual sign that the target was hit at all, it feels like you're shooting at cardboard targets on the move. Watch an UFO EU video on youtube and notice what happens when somebody is hit, there's the "splatch" sound and visual effect, then the death cry and death animation. See how visceral it looks and feels?