[v14.1 - Ground Combat] Fps increase, anyone?

Giovanni

have you noticed an fps increase in the last build?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. have you noticed an fps increase in the last build?

• Yeah, got a nice fps increase!
    • Yes, noticed a little increase
    • No fps increase/too little to be noticed
    • It's even worse than before!

Out of curiosity, did anyone notice a slightly fps increase in the latest build (v14.1) versus the previous ones (v14 and v13, mainly)?

We did some work on the UI managment code (the best we could do, without having access to the engine's source code), that should have reduced UI refreshing times and lead to a fps increase.

Just wanted some feedback on this. Thanks! :)

Edit - just to give the right credits: the original idea behind this improvement was by Gijs-Jan, so thank him (or blame him :P) for this!

Edited by Giovanni

I read this, and decided to see if my laptop could finally manage this game. The answer is still no, but it's up to "kinda bad", from "utterly unplayable". The laptop is 7 years old and slightly-above-average when it was new, I didn't expect it to be great.

Have you tried setting the xenonauts.exe process affinity to "high" with the task manager? I'm pretty sure this helped me. I also close everything I can, and temporarily disable my wifi connection and firewall (don't need a firewall if the internet's off), and it seems to help. I'm running it on a rather puny netbook but for the most part its not too bad.