Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Geoscape Map Corrections and Additions.

Post Official Geoscape Map Corrections and Additions.

Creating this thread for posting of correct co-ordinates and names of various cities, as well as any border corrections.

Don't derail it or start random discussions about minutiae. Try to keep it focused.
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.
    Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich.

Elected Chryssalid Hugger anotherdevil's Avatar
    Not being a dick, but what is 'minutiae'?

Looking forward to a more fleshed out world map soon!
    "What are you gonna do, talk the alien to death?"
    - James Cameron, on Sigourney Weaver's concern about the use of guns in Aliens

Alien Hospitality Liaison iamkyon's Avatar
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherdevil View Post
    Not being a dick, but what is 'minutiae'?
    It's Latin for "insignificant details" or something to that effect.

On a more topical note: Windhoek is the capital city of Namibia, not Nigeria.

Yes, arguing about what minutiae means is minutiae.
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.

Achievements:
    Weekling100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathra View Post
    Yes, arguing about what minutiae means is minutiae.
    Comedy Gold.

There is a 'small' matter(just ask most mainland Australians) of the unfortunate exclusion of Tasmania from the Australian Continent:

NoTassie.jpg

Also, as as the other state capitals of Australia are present the other missing one is Darwin, Northern Territory. Its mostly desert out there, however it does contain on of Australias largest Airforce bases, so could be considered thematically important to the Xenonauts Geoscape - unlike tasmania, but I guess its only fair they are included too.

Elected Chryssalid Hugger anotherdevil's Avatar
    ha ha and now darwin has one of America's bases too!

By that map it looks like Christchurch is off too... will have to change that. And no Auckland? It only has half our population...
    "What are you gonna do, talk the alien to death?"
    - James Cameron, on Sigourney Weaver's concern about the use of guns in Aliens

i noticed that whole Philippines and Sulawesi as well as Micronesia is missing.
    any plans to bring them back?
    to me, is ok to omit Micronesia, but Philippines and Sulawesi are very prominant lands on earth, if xcom 1 & 2 were able to represent these 2 lands with polygon-shaped borders decade ago, i think Xenonaut will have weak excuse to omit them today...

hey, we might intercepted and shoot down UFOs to crash on these 2 lands, ya' know~

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGround View Post
    There is a 'small' matter(just ask most mainland Australians) of the unfortunate exclusion of Tasmania from the Australian Continent
    Another minor thing, but is Brisbane a few 100k's further south on that map than it should be?

If possible, please try to include the Geoscape map co-ordinates for cities if you can. It would be a great help to Chris and the team (and save them time as well).

Got to represent!

Europe;
    X 4335 Y 0681 - Oslo
    X 4216 Y 0655 - Bergen
    X 4331 Y 0602 - Trondheim
    X 4513 Y 0460 - Tromsų
    X 4651 Y 0437 - Hammerfest (Northernmost town in the world! Or so we like to think!)
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.