Huge Stat increase after terror mission

Hi all,

so after "testing" xenonauts for about 2 weeks I finally reach my personal critical mass to actively use the forum :rolleyes:

And guess what it's a bug report (if that won't overly strain myself suggestions might follow ;) )

So I went through this terror mission (missing tiles bug, missing weapons images bug, xenonauts looking the wrong direction inside their chinhook all good and well ;)).

But after defeating the last of dem critters the missen debriefing informed me that 2 of my xenonauts just went to 100strength (from like 60). Both hat only been scouting the entire mission (that is running 60%ap forth 40% back, spotting aliens for the rest to snipe).

Both were subsequently promoted skipping at least one rank. All in all the stat increases of my soldiers during this mission seemed much more than I am was used to. But these two clearly stood out.

Just to be certain I updated my game just about an hour ago (before I this bug occurred). So it either isn't fixed or the problem is caused by my pre 14.1 save file.

After reading through a couple of posts from the 14.0 thread this seems unlikely, I going to check the respective config files now.

And yes prior to the update to 14.1 my soldiers did never increase strength. (Way to make up for that come to thinking of it this way ;))

If I understood the formula correctly a solider who is near his encumbrance limit will get one point of strength for every tile moved up to 100 per mission. Well in this case it's not a bug just grossly imbalanced (as stated in the other thread).

on my account: close plz

do you have those values in gameconfig.xml?

<strengthProgress pointsToProgress="20" maxPointsInSingleBattle="40" globalMaxProgress="100" strengthCoeff="80" comment="Points are given when soldier moves of one tile while carrying a weight that is strengthCoeff percent greater than its maximum carry weight" />

No I had the values mentioned in the above linked thread. Like I disassembled in the above post (which I penned before your request to look it up).

Seems the update didn't fully work. I'll have Desura check file integrity now.

The values you mentioned do of course look much more balanced (Darn I just knew taking part in the development process would spoil me:eek:, well at least I can stop ever so slightly overloading my guys now :D)

Did the verification, still have the cosmic-ultra-gym-anabolic-overdose values.

<strengthProgress pointsToProgress="1" maxPointsInSingleBattle="100" globalMaxProgress="100" strengthCoeff="80" comment="Points are given when soldier moves of one tile while carrying a weight that is strenghtCoeff percent greater than its maximum carry weight" />

mmm.. sounds like the wrong version of that file was included in the last build. Good to know, let's see if others may confirm.

Meanwhile, feel free to set the values to the ones I hinted above.. Not the final balancing but it does keep your soldiers on a human level at least! :)

Meanwhile, feel free to set the values to the ones I hinted above.. Not the final balancing but it does keep your soldiers on a human level at least! :)

Hey Arni u thing us should do that? Nope Sly me prefers it that way and thinks Ralf would agree, too.

(To mention but a few of the unfortunate victims of this updating calamity:cool:).

Back to saving the world I guess..

mmm.. sounds like the wrong version of that file was included in the last build. Good to know, let's see if others may confirm.

Confirming that the incorrect values were included in V14.1 aka maxPointsInSingleBattle=100 etc...

Confirming that the incorrect values were included in V14.1 aka maxPointsInSingleBattle=100 etc...

I'm in the same boat here, that and on the end of the first mission of new game everyone gets promoted to at least lieutenant. did 2 missions and had 4 captains and 8 lieutenants all of them superhuman. :o

P.S. this is happening on my first mission not waiting till the terror mission

Edited by Simmo753