Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simultaneous turns

Sergeant

Simultaneous turns

I haven't seen this on forum so i want to remind you how it was in xcom apoc.

During the turnbased gameplay your enemy or some groups of your enemys were moving simultaneously during their turn. Thx to this duration of enemy turn was very much reduced.

Elected Chryssalid Hugger anotherdevil's Avatar
    I think most of it is calculated this way anyway, with only those who might be spotted by you appearing during the hidden movement turn no?
    "What are you gonna do, talk the alien to death?"
    - James Cameron, on Sigourney Weaver's concern about the use of guns in Aliens

I'm confused, do you mean simultaneous turns or simultaneous movement of units during their turn? It sounds like you're talking about simultaneous movement which would be useful for turn length (and players can do it) but can make it harder to keep track of what's happening.
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.
    Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich.

Sergeant
    I mean aliens or some of them move simultaniously during their turn. Another idea that you thrown is partially exist with time left fot shooting but i'm not sure about it's widening

Widening?

It sounds like you're talking about reaction fire now. That's already in.
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathra View Post
    Widening?

It sounds like you're talking about reaction fire now. That's already in.
    Yeah so i mean only two aliens firing at your soldier in the same time and things like that.

If you have two aliens on your screen, shooting at you, then they can do it not one by one but together without perseption problems. In apoc all aliens were moving in the same time. Or at least units of their sqads were moving in the same time if my memmory is cheating
    Last edited by KOKON; 11-24-2011 at 15:42.

ehm sounds a bit like realtime to me.... or? This IS a turnbased game you know

Elected Chryssalid Hugger anotherdevil's Avatar
    I believe the idea is to speed up the enemies turn by doing hidden actions simultaneously. doing other actions simultaneously seems a bit odd though, and I don't think that should be in
    "What are you gonna do, talk the alien to death?"
    - James Cameron, on Sigourney Weaver's concern about the use of guns in Aliens

Yes, that's my concern with it. It was mostly okay in Apoc due to the low lethality per-shot of the weapons (and the generally poor accuracy of the aliens), but it would be problematic in Xenonauts.

Aww I was hoping this guy was recmomending a simultanious turn based mode like in Combat Mission or Frozen Synapse. Now THAT would be interesting, although they'd need a new engine for that I'd wager.