Yet another request (or two...)

I've been playing the V14 alpha for 6 hours today and here are some of my requests/notes/wishful thinkings:

* During tactical battle, to have the ability to cycle through soldiers via a hotkey (i.e like Tab cycles through options in Windows apps)

* If cycling through soldiers is implemented, then a "Lock Soldier" option would also be helpful, in order to make sure the soldier won't move by misclicking. I think the original X-com had this option.

*Arrangement of soldiers/vehicles in the dropship to actually stay the same on site. I have arranged the setting so that the vehicle is always first to the exit ramp, but in some missions it gets at the back, so I have to move the soldiers first. I think it has to do with the orientation of the dropship's landing.

* Names of alien artefacts and corpses to be available AFTER research (I know that this might be hard to do!).

That's all for now....next feedback in a couple of hours!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I've been playing the V14 alpha for 6 hours today and here are some of my requests/notes/wishful thinkings:

* During tactical battle, to have the ability to cycle through soldiers via a hotkey (i.e like Tab cycles through options in Windows apps)

Have you tried using the mousewheel to scroll through the soldiers?

* If cycling through soldiers is implemented, then a "Lock Soldier" option would also be helpful, in order to make sure the soldier won't move by misclicking. I think the original X-com had this option.
Don't you already need to double click to move soldier? A sort of confirmation that you really ant to move that soldier.
* Names of alien artefacts and corpses to be available AFTER research (I know that this might be hard to do!).
That would indeed be nice.

I'm pretty sure it isn't in the manual, because the manual hasn't been written yet. :P

I think showing the names of the aliens and some of the tech before the research is fine. After all, it's not as if the ME/scientist is asking the corpses or aliens what they call themselves. They're called sebilleans or whatever because that's what we named them. Ditto with the pistols and rifles. They don't probably resemble pistols or rifles in any functional way. The smaller one is a pistol and the bigger one is a rifle because pistols are smaller than rifles. We don't need scientists to figure that much.

Then again, the description says Plasma Pistol, doesn't it. I admit, I wouldn't know a plasma blast from an ion beam if both hit me between the eyes...er, I guess I wouldn't know anything, then. Anyway, "Alien Pistol 1" before changing to "Plasma Pistol" after would be awesome, but I can't say I'm invested either way.

On the other hand, "Alien Gadget" changing to "Alien Power Source", "Alien Whatchamajigger" changing to "Alien Nail Clipper", and so on are definitely high up on my list of wants, now that you've pointed the idea out. If it's all or nothing, I would have to go with before and after names. For corpses, added flavor might be to list military nicknames before research and the proper (i.e., current names) after research.