Yes it is the ground combat and during the A.I.'s turn. Its mentioned in detail in the bug forum. This same problem keeps appearing in many of the builds though it may be a different cause each time, I don't know. The most stable build where we didn't have this ground combat freeze would be probably the one right before v13.

Hmmm. This may take a while to approve. My Desura contact has gone to PAX, but before he went he said he couldn't get the game working so couldn't authorise it - apparently the ground combat just wouldn't load on his PC. It loads fine on mine, though...

We're currently working on a security guard for the Industrial tileset, and then we'll need some parka-clad chaps for the Arctic tileset and something for the US desert tileset. After that, we'll get the tileset-specific civilians done too.

Perhaps a US ranger for US desert tileset? You know, Texas rangers and such :)

What weapons will soviet and arab AI soldiers drop? The basic assault rifle or akm-skinned one? Or just nothing at all?

Yup, it's out and it works. It took 4 attempts to download and install, but it did finally happen and I played through a combat mission (on a new map, even) successfully.

Some of the Desura errors are weird. The error log for the last unsuccessful attempt failed due to being unable to resolve the address "NULL." The attempt before that failed on a chgdir command; the client didn't have sufficient rights to access that directory. Strange.

- Bleeding Wounds notification: Following feedback from the community, the duration of the "XXX Soldier has sustained a bleeding wound" notification at the start of the turn has been increased by about 50%. Let me know if it's still too short to read.

Still seems a little short to me.

V14 has been authorised and is ready for download on Desura (though the standalone downloads will be a bit longer yet)

...we'll need some parka-clad chaps for the Arctic tileset and something for the US desert tileset. After that, we'll get the tileset-specific civilians done too.

- Polar tiles: We've finished the two main buildings for the Arctic tileset, although they're not in the game yet. We've also got a nice animated sea tile done too.

Maybe you should base their look off of R.J. Macready from "John Carpenter's The Thing". He sent a rather nasty alien packing!

207026-mac.jpg

thething-008.jpg

207026-mac.jpg

thething-008.jpg

207026-mac.jpg.76b44d9d8eb0156b1bcc5875a

thething-008.jpg.a977878c939a55039ab54ce

Got to my fifth ground mission without much trouble, and that seems to be recurring stuff across the board (or thereabouts). So yeah, ground combat loads just fine.
and there was much rejoicing...And the Lord did grin, and people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats...

I was playing for a couple of hours now, running smoothly finally!!! Nice to see the new map! ;)

However, all my missions are farm or new map, nothing more.

When we place the cursor over the rifle, it displays the laser rifle info instead of the ballistic rifle.

Do you mean a smooth fps?