Crash while parsing Soldier name XML: SoldierNameGenerator::SoldierNameGenerator

I downloaded the package Xenonauts.2.dmg (V13.02) off Desura.com and after installing it (drag and drop into the applications folder), it's crashing immediately when I run it. Seems like the solder name xml is not in the right place. The crash reports says it's dying while parsing the XML. I'm using Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0 com.centrecirclestudios.xenonauts 0x0024817f TiXmlNode::FirstChildElement() const + 47

1 com.centrecirclestudios.xenonauts 0x001d5ebd SoldierNameGenerator::SoldierNameGenerator(bool) + 185

See the whole thing here:

http://pastebin.com/bNqPcVfA

I downloaded the dmg again and got the same error. What XML file is the executable expecting and what permissions does it need to be? I found these files..

$ ls -al /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/assets/assets/soldier*.xml

-rw-r--r-- 1 akirarat admin 12597 Feb 15 2012 /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/assets/assets/soldiernames.xml

-rw-r--r-- 1 akirarat admin 8624 Jun 4 22:06 /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/assets/assets/soldiernamesfemale.xml

-rw-r--r-- 1 akirarat admin 1066 Feb 15 2012 /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/assets/assets/soldierprops.xml

Might be an idea to post this in the mac specific bugs sticky as well.

ko2fan might have come across something similar.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/2576-Mac-bug-reports/page4

The file structure is not the same as mine but I am using a windows version so that could be the reason.

soldiernames, names female and props are the only ones I have as well in my assets folder.

Have you opened those files to see if they have anything in them?

I had a problem with a previous version where the files were empty, think that was a Desura update problem though.