Thread: More than day / night?

More than day / night?

Just a quick question: Will there be more battlescape lighting than just plain day and night?

like a dusk with an orange yellow hue of a setting sun, or dusk, with faint emitting light from a rising sun?

Will probably only be day/night. It would be nice with the orange yellow hue but there seems to be little point to it and just a bunch of extra work.

How would shadows work with that? Wouldn't it bother a lot of people that the shadows are still underneath the units when the sun is setting/rising ?

Well that's what i mean its just a visual improvement, ie atmospheric. i mean you could change the background noise and musci too.. but in the end its just aesthetics and doesn't change much

Homicidal Breakfast Food Commissar Pancakes's Avatar
    It'd be nice, but I'd rather have tundra, coast, and desert map tiles.
    WARNING: This person will almost CERTAINLY inadvertently derail any conversation he participates in.

Commissar Pancakes' Channel of Random Blather:
    http://www.livestream.com/commissarpancakes?t=409905

Rookie
    Maybe a modder might add that in, it would be nice to have Dusk and Dawn with specific bonuses/penalties. At the moment, it'd be nicer to see more tile-sets instead. Here's hoping a modder picks up the idea though.

That would depend on if it is possible to alter the colour of the lighting for individual missions.
    The game engine is pretty basic and the devs have no rights to it if they wanted to alter anything.
    I doubt it would be something that a modder could do unless they were skilled enough to edit the source code.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Heldelance View Post
    Maybe a modder might add that in, it would be nice to have Dusk and Dawn with specific bonuses/penalties. At the moment, it'd be nicer to see more tile-sets instead. Here's hoping a modder picks up the idea though.
    No! no bonuses or penalties for something like that. There is no point to have any bonus or penalty there. Why does enthusiastic fans so often suggest bonuses and penalties for the sake of bonuses and penalties?

Also I think it would be hard for a modder to add without access to the core code. They would have to add one or 2 more time states and a not currently existing function (that will most likely overlay a filter onto the map)