Mapping Contest?

shuuk

I think Orumo would in that contest in a heart beat having already made 201 maps with his program. And they are all industrial as far as I understand.

It would probably be hard to make a map he hasn't already done :P Well a good map at least. You could always make one where you can't reach the alien ship without shooting holes in 36 walls because there are no doors on the map.

I think Orumo would in that contest in a heart beat having already made 201 maps with his program. And they are all industrial as far as I understand.

It would probably be hard to make a map he hasn't already done :P Well a good map at least. You could always make one where you can't reach the alien ship without shooting holes in 36 walls because there are no doors on the map.

I think a good hand-made level would be fairly superior to my maps... ;)

While it's a good idea, I think it'd be best to wait for the beta. Why? Because if you look at the other mapping threads, you can see that a lot of the tiles those submaps are made up from tiles that need a bit of fixing. Which is the job of the level designer (from the 21st July progress update..). Once the tiles work as intended, a map contet could be done on a level playing ground.