Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stores screen updated UI for comment!

Awards:
    Posting Award
    I'd have tried to incorporate the sell/ transfer options into the main box, to minimise the amount you have to move the mouse to complete the action. Possibly in with current funds/ value of sale?
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

The infinite basic equipment doesn't really bother me. Most of the weapons have their use, and your troops can't lug the whole armory around on their back, so there's still decisions to be made even if you can have everything.

Also, I can't even remember how many games there are where you're officially trying to save the world, either you win or everyone dies, and you still have to pay for even the most basic shit. Usually you see this in RPGs, but it happens in these squad-level strategy games, too. That Xenonauts doesn't pull this on you was a pleasant surprise to me.

I would like to see him updated as we advance in technology development as the research guy and at least part of the cast to be female as we have female soldiers.

looks great, reminds me of the stores guys back in the service

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiraga View Post
    I would like to see him updated as we advance in technology development as the research guy and at least part of the cast to be female as we have female soldiers.
    I'd worry why he was pilfering equipment to kit himself out, rather than tending to the stores. It would be the same if the bloke in the R&D changed. "Hey, why are you turning yourself into a cyborg, when there's laser guns to be researched?"
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

Quote Originally Posted by thothkins View Post
    I'd worry why he was pilfering equipment to kit himself out, rather than tending to the stores. It would be the same if the bloke in the R&D changed. "Hey, why are you turning yourself into a cyborg, when there's laser guns to be researched?"
    As a researcher, he could use some parts of technology to improve his own abilities and capacities to better develop new technology, for example new sensors and so on.
    So I think it would be natural for every staff eventually use part of the technology to improve their work. For example the stores terminal to became a tablet and later maybe a minority report like screen, but of course it is up to developers to check if it is interesting or not.

Wouldn't all those be better off as external stuff rather then remodeling their on bodies. the only one i could understand would be the engineer as he might lose some part in between the heavy machinery or construction process.

Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    Wouldn't all those be better off as external stuff rather then remodeling their on bodies. the only one i could understand would be the engineer as he might lose some part in between the heavy machinery or construction process.
    On that note, Stores Man should get a Power Loader from Aliens in the background :P

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
    On that note, Stores Man should get a Power Loader from Aliens in the background :P
    Second that!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
    Could be useful for base defence.
    "This is a primitive culture. I am here to facilitate its incorporation"