Thread: Tablets? (iOS/Android)

Tablets? (iOS/Android)

Hello,

After the game is released for desktops, I suggest a tweaked GUI version for tablets.
    The iPad is best suited for the tactical strategy genre, yet it is severely lacking those type of games.

Any chances for this?

The android question has been answered as a no with 100% certainty. Too much trouble etc. I don't recall if iOS was declined as well.

(Think it' about how or which resolutions needs to be developed for mobile devices or something... but I'm not sure)

Captain
    I think it's an engine issue again; with no access to engine source code you can't make the engine work on a different platform outside of emulation, and I doubt anybody will be releasing Windows emulators on phones any time soon.

The engine does support iOS but not Android. Probably would be too much work to convert though, since a lot would need to be done about the memory, cpu and size constraints. Not sure how many people will want to download a 4gb game to their phone.

Rookie
    I would download 4GB and pay (again) for an iPad version.

Quote Originally Posted by ko2fan View Post
    The engine does support iOS but not Android. Probably would be too much work to convert though, since a lot would need to be done about the memory, cpu and size constraints. Not sure how many people will want to download a 4gb game to their phone.
    I don't know about their phone, but I'm certain that there are a lot of people who'd download it for their iPad.
    It'd be the best and deepest strategy game for the iPad yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I would download 4GB and pay (again) for an iPad version.
    Same here.

Maybe a kickstarter to fund an iPad version?