Mac bug reports

Please post Mac specific bugs here. Include the version of xenonauts you are running, which version of OSX you have and what Mac you have. Steps to reproduce are very helpful.

Known issues:

Invisible civilians

Glitch with TU on ground

Right click brings up context menu - engine bug

To hire, or assign requires holding down mouse button - engine bug

No fullscreen - coming later

Edited by ko2fan

10.6.8 Snow Leopard

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2,8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

No apparent way to play in full-screen. Setting the display to 1280x800 approximates full-screen and makes things readable.

"Place your first base" the cursor appears to click about an inch below what's high-lighted on screen.

[Opinion] Refund value for "de-constructing" a base module. Last I checked in the real world getting rid of a building cost money. I suppose selling things for scrap can recoup a tiny bit, but that's counter-intuitive. Nvm, it's not a bug. Sorry.

Unable to assign scientists to "Alien Invasion" research.

Unable to hire, scientists or techs or soldiers. I'm guessing the left and right arrow buttons don't work properly.

"Basic Training" the Start Training button is greyed out.

When assigning soldiers to aircraft, you have to click the tiny little drop down arrow menu button next to whatever it is that they're currently assigned to, instead of the comparatively much larger screen area of what that is. Not a bug, sorry.

Game hangs as soon as I start loading the tactical game.

Ok, off to bed. Cheers for something awesome looking so far. I'll try to stick to bugs instead of opinions and quality-of-life play design issues.

Day 2, 07 AUG:

Still unable to assign scientists or click or click-hold on any arrow-buttons. Click-hold doesn't work for me.

When assigning a location for a base, the base is put where the cursor is, but the area highlighted is about two inches above that. Ok, that should be in pixels, but I wouldn't know how to measure it.

Unable to "Esc" out of windows that are open on the Geoscape. Wishlist.

If I select "Abandon Mission" when the Chinook reaches target, then I can't re-target that same crash site with that same Chinook through the menu that comes from clicking on the crash site. Workaround - select the Chinook.

FFWD buttons on GeoScape are way small. Hotkey/mouseover tooltip is no doubt planned already.

Black Screen of Death when loading the tactical map. End testing day.

Edited by Oathbreaker

To assign scientists and such you need to hold down mouse on the button rather than just click. Seems to be a bug/limitation of the engine and I am trying to find a workaround for it.

More resolutions and full screen play will come soon.

Tactical combat hang is a game bug, not mac specific, fix for it has been uploaded.

Edited by ko2fan

Seems to be a bug/limitation of the engine and I am trying to find a workaround for it.

FYI I've used Wineskin Winery with the WS8Wine1.2.3 engine, and it worked like a charm, at least with the Kickstarter demo.

---

MacBook Pro

17-inch, Early 2009

Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

Also had the game hang after starting a tactical mission, just get a black screen, but did see the mission loading text for a couple seconds 1st.

The RMB is used for assigning research etc, but it also opens the mac contextual menu, and let's you either assign the max or min values possible, i.e. no in betweens, also game got hung while clicking with the mouse and getting an endless clicking sound.

Got CTD after assigning scientists and clicking the Geoscape button.

Edited by smoitessier

MacBook Pro 13 Zoll, Mid 2009

Processor: 2,53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Software: OS X 10.8 (12A269)

Game Version: 13.01

- Only Window-Mode no fullscreen

- some Hangar-Images in Base-View broken (just a bunch of colorful pixel)

- empty hangars

- missile battery has placeholder image (only on my iMac)

- after a few clicks the mouse curser vanished

- in Geoscape are regions highlighted I did not select

- Scientist can't be assigned to the first project (confirmed: you have to hold down the mouse, don't click)

- Lots of other images broken

- in Geoscape are greenish pixel lines at the bottom when you highlight some regions

- Weaponclips and medipacks can't be equipped

- confirmed black window when tactical should start

- I had a MIG-32 from the beginning without researching it

Edited by Loki
more bugs

Game crash after telling lone Mig-32 to retreat in air combat screen. Can't attach text file.

Got an email address I can send the crash report to?

Currently it seems all we Mac users can test is the Geoscape, Base/Management stuff and Air Combat. I suggest we try to get a Base Defense mission to happen, maybe we can get into the Ground Combat that way.

EDIT: Xenocrash01.txt sent to chris@xenonauts.com - please let me know if that was wrong address.

Edited by Oathbreaker

I fixed the tactical combat bug and sent the new version to Chris. I had it mixed up with a different bug that was happening pre v13.01

I will look into the other issues but unfortunately most are bugs with the engine that I can only try to find workarounds for.

Workaround for people who would like to be (sort of) notified when a new Mac build is released: Subscribe to this thread and enable weekly/daily email notifications of posting, then at least you'll know when there's a bunch of activity and can quickly find out what's going on. Unless a new thread is created in which case ...SOL.

For the really desperate, there's a bunch of Youtube people posting videos, see

Most of which appears to be 12.1. Ymmv. Void where prohibited.

http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts

Xenonauts Alpha ZIP1,133.01mbWindows

xenonauts-v1211.zip (V12.11)

Xenonauts Alpha DMG1,172.81mbMac

Xenonauts.2.dmg (V13.02)

...which is kind of lol. Not often you see a game for download with v13.02 up for Mac and v12.11 up for PC. Which I'm sure won't last long and I'm hoping to build a Windows PC anyway, but still funny.

The assets folder got added incorrectly. You need to Show Package Contents, go into Contents/Resources/assets and move assets folder into Contents/Resources. This is made difficult due to the fact there is already a folder called assets in there.

You could try using the following commands in Terminal.

mv /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/assets/assets /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/_assets

rmdir /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/assets

mv /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/_assets /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/assets

I will make sure we don't have the problem again in the future.

The assets folder got added incorrectly. You need to Show Package Contents, go into Contents/Resources/assets and move assets folder into Contents/Resources. This is made difficult due to the fact there is already a folder called assets in there.

You could try using the following commands in Terminal.

mv /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/assets/assets /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/_assets

rmdir /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/assets

mv /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/_assets /Applications/Xenonauts.app/Contents/Resources/assets

I will make sure we don't have the problem again in the future.

I can confirm that moving the "assets" folder that actually contains program files into the "Resources" folder makes the game start at least. I did not mess with Terminal due to me being technically challenged.

Workaround is to re-name, and then name back to the original name, or just move all the actual files into the parent folder, then delete the "child" folder.

Your final product to get things working should be as such:

Contents

/Resources

/assets

...and in that folder, all the "game file"-looking things.

Edited by Oathbreaker

Game hangs when entering a Tactical Mission, still.

Also still impossible for me to assign scientists to a Research project, the arrow buttons won't work, whether I'm holding down the mouse button or clicking.

Still no full screen or other resolutions, but I don't think that was intended.

iMac

Full screen and resolutions will be in at a later date.

I have been trying workarounds for assigning scientists but it either works or doesn't, and I haven't tracked down why yet.

Tactical Mission is working for me, do you get a crash message?