Mac bug reports

After playing a few tactical missions Xenonauts had a few graphical glitches, then crashed out on me. Since then I have not been able to go more than a turn without the game crashing.

My computer:

Mac Mini

OSX 10.9.3

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

I just downloaded the game yesterday and am running 1.05 HF.

After playing a few tactical missions Xenonauts had a few graphical glitches, then crashed out on me. Since then I have not been able to go more than a turn without the game crashing.

My computer:

Mac Mini

OSX 10.9.3

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I just downloaded the game yesterday and am running 1.05 HF.

I'm having the same problems. Downloaded the game today for my MBA 11 inch Mid 2013 (1.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB, 128GB SSD, OS 10.9.3).

Game played fine at first, got to my first night mission and started having large black blocks appearing and building segments repeated. Also having black rectangles replacing the player and enemy sprites, seemingly when they change animation state, but then back to normal graphics. Game keeps crashing out, either just hanging, refusing to respond to button clicks, or outright crash with error message (sorry, didn't catch it).

Such a shame as the game is awesome. I'd have happily sunk a fair few hours in today if it wasn't for the bugs. Ah well, as long as there's a working version coming down the line I don't mind my money going towards it.

Edited by shmmeee

I downloaded v1.06 for Mac from Desura. I was happy to see that autoresolve was enabled again, but when I used it my game crashed. Will try to reproduce and send in logs.

The file must have been overwritten accidentally, there should be no auto resolve combat as it will crash. I will upload a fixed version.

So, recently I got this game. I launched it, and bad things happened. Well, nothing happened. I heard sound coming out of the game, but there was just a black screen, right on start:

Screen Shot 2014-06-22 at 13.16.15.jpg

System specs:

Operating System: OSX 10.9.3

RAM: 4GB

Processor: Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz

Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000, 384 MB

I think I have 1.05HF.

Screen Shot 2014-06-22 at 13.16.15.jpg

577e7cf9184c6_ScreenShot2014-06-22at13.1

Edited by ThePinda
Adding System Specs

Try 1.06 and see if that helps. I am concerned your graphics card may be an issue, the engine used has very poor graphics performance and Xenonauts is very image heavy which caused issues on my mac mini with 320M graphics card.

Try 1.06 and see if that helps. I am concerned your graphics card may be an issue, the engine used has very poor graphics performance and Xenonauts is very image heavy which caused issues on my mac mini with 320M graphics card.

Also having the black boxes of death in my 1.05 game I bought off humble bundle.

How does one get the 1.06 version if that's the version I've got?

FYI I'm running a 2011 macbook pro 13" with 4GB DDR3 and

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

I just upgraded to 1.06 and launched the game. I still got a black screen, and I thought it might be a loading issue. I left the game on for about 2 1/2 hours while I went out, but the black screen of death was still present. I'm pretty sure Xenonauts wouldn't take that long to load. It's the exact same issue, with the menu music playing, but no visuals.

I had the same issue when I got Spore. The way I fixed that was by changing a setting in the config file for Spore. I don't know if Xenonauts has such a file.

I have a 2014 Macbook Pro, and although the game(v1.06) actually renders correctly and works fine there's a fair amount of memory corruption in the "Industrial" scenarios that causes me to not being able to do any kind of these missions(this will affect the full game).

I can get you a fair amount of screenshots but this is easily reproducible the following way:

- Get a UFO missing in a "Industrial" scenario

- Check memory corruption (it's visible in the rendering)

- Exit the Game

- Confirm that the memory corruption affects the game itself(main menu)

Other than that the game is very fluid and feels good.

Regards,

Pedro

I tried v1.06, but graphic glitches that was described previously is still present. Problem remains on all screen resolutions and in windowed mode.

I have MacBook Pro Retina 15 (late 2013),

16 Gb DDR3,

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 Gb.

Regards,

Vlad

My game keeps glitching and crashing during my first ground mission after shooting down a scout. The game moves extremely slowly whenever I'm looking at the central portion of the map (industrial setting), and the top edge has graphical glitches showing fragments of a red car. It also crashes periodically so I can't complete the mission, and the last crash actually caused a system restart.

I'm running v1.06 from Desura,

my machine is a Macbook pro (mid 2010)

4GB DDR3

OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

This is the third or fourth ground mission I've been on, and all prior small scout missions ran perfectly. (2 nighttime, 1 daytime)

Disabling the industrial maps from the 'missiontypeprops_gc.xml' file seems to fix this problem(graphics/memory corruption), however i found another problem when using an unmanned vehicle where shooting a solder though a building caused a crash.

This has been raised several times so far, and it is still present in 1.06: the font quality is abysmal. I started my first game ever in 1280x720 windowed mode and the information in the top right corner is illegible. When running the game in full-screen mode with 2560x1440, the fonts are better but still very wobbly as if there is an intentional filter overlaid to simulate an old analogue screen.

Not resized, this is the actual screenshot (1280x720, windowed):

Xenonauts 2014-06-24 08-52-00 2014-06-24 08-52-01.png

Anything we can do to improve the font quality?

Xenonauts 2014-06-24 08-52-00 2014-06-24 08-52-01.png

577e7cfa6dc36_Xenonauts2014-06-2408-52-0

That's not a port issue afaik; it's just the way the engine renders text. The text looks fine to me in 2560x1440 (though if you can get a screenshot it would help so I can compare the two).

1280x720 is a very small resolution and I assume your monitor isn't unduly large despite being having four times as many pixels, so that's always going going to come out badly in that situation. If you're going to play windowed then use 1920x1080 and the fonts should be fine there too.