Mac bug reports

I've had absolutely no problems with legibility.

BTW, this game is fantastic. I found the new XCOM incredibly simplistic and not at all satisfying, and this hits all the right buttons. Thanks, and congratulations.

Hi everyone

Just downloaded the newer V1.06 to test, and got a crash in the middle of my first mission. No message or anything, just got a black screen and back to my desktop. It happened while i was trying to move one unit.

I've found the following message in the Console, could be useful:

6/26/14 9:27:14.984 PM Xenonauts-stable561710532Wine[67069]: Xenonauts-stable561710532Wine(67069,0x401f3000) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=8388608) failed (error code=3)

*** error: can't allocate region

*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

System Version: OS X 10.9.3

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Intel HD Graphics 4000

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

@Kawo - thanks for letting me know, then. :(

@all - so, I think I might have a fix for the Industrial tileset issue. Is someone suffering from the issue willing to test it for me? It's fixed it on the Mac laptop at work but I don't know if it will fix it for everyone.

So go to Xenonauts.exe and open the package up, then navigate to /contents/resources/dosdevices/c/programfiles/Xenonauts/assets/tiles/

See the Industrial folder there? Delete it. Replace it with the one in this zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26290309/industrial.zip

I just got my first terror mission in the third month, and it's basically unplayable. Any movement whatsoever happens at about five frames a second. That includes scrolling and mouse movements, so even issuing orders to my team members is an exercise in frustration. The mission is happening in Kiev, and the setting is a night mission in a town.

What's more, this is the first time I've ever encountered Androns in my game (I looked them up), and I'm completely unable to kill them. The given hit percentages don't seem to matter at all, and when I do hit the damage is never more than fifteen. I had all eight of my squad shoot at one enemy, with no percentage less than 50, and they hit four times (out of thirty bullets) for a total of forty damage. My squad has a mixture of laser weapons and ballistics. Is this right?

Wow, I thought that the mac version might be a bit buggy, but I wasn't expecting this. Without exaggeration, I've had more kernel panics in one afternoon trying to play this game than in the previous five years of owning this laptop.

Graphics glitches (both in ground combat and in the geoscape), autoresolve crashes; now my savegame's borked because I saved the turn before ending the combat (because I was having to quit & reload every other turn) and now the game crashes immediately the last alien dies.

It's all a bit pony, really.

Yeah. WINE seems to magnify every tiny issue with the Windows version of the game into a massive problem, and each version of WINE we try magnifies different errors entirely. It's a bit silly.

Also, if anyone has Mac for Steam please can you help us by testing this: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11088-Mac-Steam-Build-Needs-Testing%21?p=122838#post122838

Thanks for fixing the industrial tileset. That was also making the game unplayable for me. However, now I'm having the same problem with glitches and crashes on a desert mission. As soon as the door to the crashed spacecraft is opened, I get a crash to desktop. There are glitches in the level too, but not as bad as those I was having on the industrial ones.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks for fixing the industrial tileset. That was also making the game unplayable for me. However, now I'm having the same problem with glitches and crashes on a desert mission. As soon as the door to the crashed spacecraft is opened, I get a crash to desktop. There are glitches in the level too, but not as bad as those I was having on the industrial ones.

Cheers,

Peter

With the tileset fix, i got no more problems in the industrial map, but also getting graphic errors in the desert map. However if i save, exit the game and load it again the problem is solved (not best solution, but let me keep going).

Also, got a weird effect when a Condor and a Chinook reached different targets at the same time. This started both combats (air and ground) simultaneously, with the screens overlapping.

I followed the instructions. Industrial maps are all black now, no environmental textures at all with your pack.

I retested this tileset update with a fresh install (1.06). Works :) Still having issues with other maps including the terror missions.

Macbook air

v1.07 from Desura

Surprisingly few crashes or glitches. Only had two crashes out of a couple dozen ground missions. No noticeable graphics glitches other than running slightly slower during night missions.

My main concern is the lack of auto-resolve for tedious (sometimes humiliating) air combat. As stated before in this thread, auto-resolve is intentionally disabled for mac and linux versions. My questions are:

Why?

Is there a way to re-enable auto-resolve on mac v1.07? (assuming it won't just make things worse. if that's the case, I'll deal with it)

EDIT: multiple crashes on night time terror mission in vladivostok (crashes less in windowed mode)

Edited by brainwashington
new error, not worthy of a brand new post

2013 Macbook Pro

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Software: OS X 10.9.3

I just got the game from the xenonauts website. I can't autoresolve air battles and every time I go into a land battle, the backgrounds and buildings glitch out, making the game unplayable. Sometimes walls will disappear, other times one particular tile will become magnified 10-fold and take up 1/4 of the screen, and most frequently, the same texture (usually the texture of a damaged, cracked wall segment) will be repeated and take up a big portion of the map. When this happens, the "hidden movement" title card also goes black. These bugs make the ground battles unplayable. Is there any chance this will be fixed soon?

@txl: Both those issues are being fixed. (At least the bulk of) the graphic glitches seems to have a patch in the pipes, and auto-resolve should be back soonâ„¢ for linux/mac (maybe 1.08?)

Offtopic from the bug, but personally, I've always seen auto-resolving air combat as a cop out, especially when you got a 100/99% chance of success. Whilst i understand the want to 'speed things up' i think autoresolve should be balanced and max out at like a 60% chance of success.

Edited by colinross

Using Steam Version for mac. Two things: The main menu art is no longer animated (no moving computer screens). But more importantly, all ufos are entirely invisible. I can see dead aliens, shots are blocked, line of sight is blocked, but there is no ufo. Otherwise the game seems to be working fine.

MacBook Pro

Core i7

4 GB RAM

Intel HD 4000 Graphics

Maverick OS

Using Steam Version for mac. Two things: The main menu art is no longer animated (no moving computer screens). But more importantly, all ufos are entirely invisible. I can see dead aliens, shots are blocked, line of sight is blocked, but there is no ufo. Otherwise the game seems to be working fine.

MacBook Pro

Core i7

4 GB RAM

Intel HD 4000 Graphics

Maverick OS

I have the same bug with invisible ufos in 1.07HF and 1.08 (but not with 1.07 I think).

MacBook Pro 15" with Retina (mid 2012), OS X 10.9.4.

Is any way to rollback to 1.07?