Mac bug reports

my mac will not even start the game... as soon as i click the application i get a:

Xenonauts Quit unexpectedly.

mountain lion

Same problem here. Mountain Lion, 17" i7, 16GB, 256SSD, Game crashes when starting.

Edit:

did the assets trick. the game starts, but when I start a ground mission, I get a black screen.

Edited by Maurice

<facepalm>

sorry, moving the assits fixed the crash on startup. I sorta mentally disregarded your posts as irrelevant because there was no clear indicator that you were part of the team. maybe you could make devs names red, or have a different background color so it is easier to differentiate between official responses and problem reports.

</facepalm>

http://pastebin.com/aaMMxMkN

iMac 10.6.8

Was at full time compression going into air combat, music was sped up by the same factor (weird sound!), the combat seemed to go faster as well, won the combat, then froze and ctd. Error report above on pastebin.

The game runs jerky when there's several things moving on the Geoscape at once.

Thanks for the report.

New bugs (not freezing/crashing/game breaking):

iMac 10.6.8

Cursor almost always stays as an "arrow" (my default computer cursor, I've never changed it) instead of changing to the Xenonauts crosshairs/cube. The two times the cursor DID change, however, where the only two times I've been able to assign scientists or hire personnel iirc.

The above issue may or may not have anything to do with this:

Air Combat screen - reducing tactical air speed is seemingly impossible sometimes, the reduced speed indicator just jumps back up to full when you try to reduce speed, whether or not you have Afterburners on. Imho reducing speed should auto-turn off Afterburner, but maybe that's a separate issue.

Anyone else not getting the "square crosshairs" cursor when loading the game? I've gotten it maybe twice, and was (iirc) then able to assign scientists and hire personnel.

Still hoping for a way to be email-notified when a new Mac game client is released, as the Tactical game is still unaccessible to me.

EDIT: Looks like there is a way, just click "Track this game" in the top right of the http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts page.

Edited by Oathbreaker

Geoscape is very laggy still, and I have a very fast computer. The air combat is nice and smooth, but I can never even load the ground combat it seems. I'll wait awhile longer to see if it loads it though, then edit this with result.

EDIT: Never loaded, just said "Loading... This make take awh-" then before I finished reading it, it black screened.

Edited by Wolfy

Geoscape is very laggy still, and I have a very fast computer. The air combat is nice and smooth, but I can never even load the ground combat it seems. I'll wait awhile longer to see if it loads it though, then edit this with result.

EDIT: Never loaded, just said "Loading... This make take awh-" then before I finished reading it, it black screened.

The tactical freezing only seems to happen when using the stripped down assets, seems to be missing an asset. This will be fixed in the next version.

See above.

I have a new version with working tactical and hiring and assigning scientists working. Just waiting on stripped down assets from Chris.

I will look into reducing lag on geoscape but the engine runs pretty slowly at the best of times. I currently get 15 fps on a 2010 mac mini.

In the announcement part of the forum Chris said he as hoping for this weekend I believe. But that isn't over until he goes to bed on sunday (which can stretch into monday). and the Desura guys probably won't upload upload it until sometime on monday (possibly tuesday if there is trouble again).