Mac bug reports

When ever I kill a zombie they burst into a a alien instantly. Shouldn't they die if I kill them? I thought they didn't turn into one unless they were given enough time.

That is not a bug, and is instead the intended behavior for reapers. If the zombie is not killed in a few turns, the reaper will burst out of the host on its on. Killing the zombie only speeds up the process: when its dies, a reaper still pops out. But at least there is an advantage to killing the zombies rather than waiting for the reaper to gestate: you can kill them on your own terms, in a manner least likely to result in more attacks. A good burst fire from a heavy weapon or rifle will do the trick, killing both the zombie and newborn reaper.

OMG it has taken me this long to figure out that the MIG is supposed to have 4 slots for missiles? Mine only have 2 and cant for life of me get 4. So heres my list of gripes.....

--UFOs do not appear in ground combat. invisible still blocks line of sight and bullets but is just not visible.

--MIG can only carry 2 rockets? what is the deal with this?

Any help? because just these 2 problems are making this unplayable.

Thanks for reply, It really the UFO thats making every level weird no UFOs in any game! lol I understand this is a work in progress, Im just excited to be able to actually sink my teeth into this as I bought this game a while back but couldn't get it to work for MAC until just recently. Also new bug I found any time I try to move ammo into the primary weapon slot while there still is a weapon, game crashes every time. PS Chris I think I just sent you a message on facebook

I've just put V1.08 out on Steam (you'll have to extract it from the .zip again) and hopefully that should fix the UFOs bug as it contains the updated tiles. Let me know.

Hey Chris,

Good job so far. I can't seem to find 1.08 on Steam. Any pointers?

Installed the experimental build on Steam, extracted the Xenonauts.app from it, loaded up the same old saved game and no dice. Maverik234, if you managed to get this to work, how did you do it? Other than that I can only hope for a 1.09 coming out soon that will fix this most vexing problem.

Hi Chris,

I've come to ask you if the town tiles for 1.07 are fixed too? In terror missions I've come to a point trying to work around the glitches (loading the game after saving every turn selecting a new unit so the glitch 'moves' around the map). However, half way through the mission it's hard to figure out what the map even looks like and the CTD issues aren't helping either :)

I've updated the industrial maps as suggested but it doesn't help for this one I think. Any idea how to solve this?

thanks!

PS. I've tried to start the game before the terror ground mission and engage but no luck so far.

So I have been playing version 1.09 Steam Mac Version. I am now in the late game (carriers and battleships). Game was working fine except for the occasional crash or graphically glitch, but now that I am facing carriers and battleships the game is glitching almost every turn (the graphics get messy then crash). Funny thing is, this is only really a problem with large multistory ships. Additionally the frame rate slows dramatically once I move my troops on to the upper levels (but lower level of same ship is fine frame rate wise). Basic 1 floor ships are fine as are multistory buildings.

Playing it on a 2012 Mac Book Pro running Maverick OS.