Mac bug reports

Mac Pro 1,1 (2007)

Processor: Two 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Memory: 2 GB, 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DHMM

Video: ATI Radeon HD2600

Xenonauts V17.1

Great work so far. It's come a long way since the early demo videos I've seen. Some of these have been pointed out, but I'll just include everything (hopefully it's of some help):

1) Had the Chinook land with its ass 4 squares away from Farm map edge; so I couldn't unload armor.

2) Had two soldiers with same name; my call sign (name) change was not reflected on mission (old name displayed).

3) Stuck on pause in 2nd ariel encounter with alien fighter trio while retreating to base from alien dog fight.

4) Crash when solo alien fighter bugs out of dogfight without firing.

5) Crash 2nd encounter retreating from 3 alien fighters.

6) Terror in Budapest, crash after first turn, or crash with alien return fire on first turn.

7) Still can't expand window or make full screen.

Some other things that may be by design or are less important (or probably go beyond Mac), but bug me enough to include:

8) Can't hire new soldiers until after first month.

9) Half the menus have spelling/grammar errors: "Can't pay mainenence ...", "Items ordered to HQ Alpha has been arrived."

10) Stock human weapons and armor (for soldiers, vehicles and aircraft) appear to be unlimited. I remember how basic weapon ammo (especially fighter jet ammo) and body armor kept engineers busy while you were researching advancements. Engineers basically sit out the first month.

Again, great work so far. Keep it going!

One last thing: haven't been able to figure out how to rotate soldiers like UD. Have seen it done in online gameplays, but haven't found it myself. XC:UD was right click, correct? Doesn't seem to work on my Mac.

Edited by David_Blake

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I get this weird (but, well, fascinating) delayed firing bug. It doesn't seem posted yet, so it could be mac-only. It happened very regularly in mac V16, and less often in V17. IIRC, this also*occurred with Linux V16. I have yet to try XP since a botched 15.1 install. Enter long story mode :)

What it is: sometimes the firing gets... stuck or delayed. Ground combat is per usual, until firing at an alien. The soldier makes the shooting movement, with sound, but no bullet is drawn flying, and no bullets are spent. Same for RPG. Grenades simply disappear from the inventory when thrown.

Usually, the next shot(s) suffer the same fate. Sometimes multiple guys fire without effect for1-2 turns. Even aliens suffer this in their turn (great for dodging shots though :) ).

From the moment this bug happens, no soldiers can be moved. Green AP tiles are drawn, but clicking does nothing. This resets in a new turn.

At some point, when keeping firing, this gets unstuck and soldiers can fire again. This can take many shots (10+), sometimes it's the 3rd rpg launch, which then actually launches... as usually this odd things happens: previous shots are fired as if delayed, even if it's another soldier or alien. The 'shot cache' length varies. Sometimes it's one shot, sometimes it can be entire turns. Even odder: sometimes delayed shots are fired in the opposite direction, sometimes even continuously.

Occurrence is very unpredictable. In the beginning, i suspected only ceasan missions suffered from this, but just had a seb's mission suffering as well.

Hi,

I think it's great that you are doing a proper XCOM-follow up! Hope you make it detailed, large and varied :)

Anyway,

I have a Mac Intel Core 2 Duo, OS Mountain Lion (10.8.2) and bought the game, downloaded Xenonauts-17.1-mac.1 and installed.

Problem is I cannot test the game since the mouse cursor isnt visible while the mouse is over the window that the game is in. It's there, I can click etc, but have no real way of knowing where I should click since the cursor for me is not viewable.

This makes it pretty hard to test the game - so I hope someone can come up with a soluation to this shortly :)

Hi,

I think it's great that you are doing a proper XCOM-follow up! Hope you make it detailed, large and varied :)

Anyway,

I have a Mac Intel Core 2 Duo, OS Mountain Lion (10.8.2) and bought the game, downloaded Xenonauts-17.1-mac.1 and installed.

Problem is I cannot test the game since the mouse cursor isnt visible while the mouse is over the window that the game is in. It's there, I can click etc, but have no real way of knowing where I should click since the cursor for me is not viewable.

This makes it pretty hard to test the game - so I hope someone can come up with a soluation to this shortly :)

Realized that once the cursor disappears, you press the right mouse button (or in my case, use two fingers since i have Macbook Pro). The it reappears

• 2 weeks later...

Overmind.,

What graphics card do you have in your laptop? I've had the same problem, as have at lest one other person on the thread, and our cards are Nvidia GeForce 9400M.

Also, thanks for the right-click tip for (temporarily) fixing the missing cursor bug. I hadn't noticed that, and as a result haven't been able to play for a while.

Crash to desktop report

Dont know if this is reported yet so I'll give it a go.

OSX Version 10.8.2, late 2011 MacbookPro 13"

Xenonauts version: 17.1

Bug 1: When ctrl clicking the "add scientist to research project" button, the numbers start flying around up and down in an endless, very quick, loop. I managed to stop it and make it appear again by just ctrl+clicking on the same arrow, or the opposite (if increasing then decreasing). I made it "spin" 3-4 times, then I clicked the "Workshop" tab and the program crashed to desktop.

Bug 2: When facing multiple enemy UFO-groups, and I engage them in air combat, the music gets distorted (sped up and it sounds like 2-3 songs are played at the same time). After air combat, no matter the outcome, the game crashes. I've came to the part where 3-4 groups spawn in my area at the same time and I have 2 bases close to each other: north africa and europe. If reload the game, the same thing happens. I'll keep the savefile if you wish to investigate further, since I think the problem would exist on another computer.

Minor bug:I also found that if you, in ground combat, press the crouch icon while the unit is moving, the footstep-sound goes into a loop and dont stop until you make the unit stand and run again.

Edited by Pookzob
added bug

I dont know if this is supposed to be classified as a bug or not but its also very hard to see the text in research since its white on white. See attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2012-12-30 at 1.57.57 AM.jpg

Just been playing the game for a couple of hours now, and I gotta hand it to you guys, it's really great to see what you've came up with this far!

I'm gonna go over all posts in this thread and similar bug threads tomorrow to make sure I dont report bugs already spoken about.

Screen Shot 2012-12-30 at 1.57.57 AM.jpg

577e7ca60cf63_ScreenShot2012-12-30at1.57

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry if this is a repeat reporting of a known bug, but I cannot seem to find a solution.

When I open Xenonauts, it just bounces in my dock for ~2-3 min. Then, I get a black window that appears to be trying to perhaps maybe do something. I let it sit there, spinning beach ball and all, for 5 minutes before I forced quit the attempt.

I read about "moving assets" in the forum, but when I open package contents there is no small folder named "assets" inside the folder named "assets". What am I supposed to move?

Macbook Pro 2.4

OSX 10.7.5

Xenonauts v.16 When I "get info", this is the version number(just downloaded today). However, when I look at the downloaded file's name, it says "Xenonauts-=17.1-mac.dmg".

Help?

Thanks!

If you downloaded it today, or rather yesterday, it would be v17.1. The info page or whatever just hasn't been updated.

Hopefully, in the near-to-immediate future, the devs will be releasing v17.5 for OS X, now that they've finished (or almost finished) work on the new launcher. The old one was (to my understanding) basically ported from Windows to work on Linux and OS X, but the new one will be able to run natively on all three platforms, eliminating the buggy porting nonsense.

Since the Linux was released a few days ago, I'm making an assumption that the OS X version will be out in a few days. But that's all still up in the air for all I know, concretely that is.

Personally, I'd just wait until the new version comes out instead of attempting to repair the current one. I don't think it'd be worth the trouble to fix something to have it replaced a day later.

Edited by GizmoGomez
Forgot to add something

• 3 weeks later...

17.6 should be incoming very soon. I have worked around a lot of the texture issues in 10.8 so the game is playable, but there are still some glitches. It is looking very much like a driver bug, so I continue to test new betas of 10.8.3 in the hopes it gets fixed.

This bug looked pretty awesome, were it not for the fact it's a total game-breaker.

I opened the application, and it crashed after bouncing on the dock for a couple minutes. I tried again, and it got stuck on a black screen, application not responding (no music, just silence). I force quit the application. I opened it again, and after a few seconds of black screen it produced an epilepsy-inducing cacophony of flashing textures, tangled text, black to white to black strobe effects, and a pretty good soundtrack, indicating that what I'm assuming is the menu had been reached. Also, the cursor alternated between the standard black and the Xenonauts white, also like a strobe light. I took two screenshots, but unfortunately they were both poorly timed, as they captured a black screen only (stupid strobe effect.) I force quit after a few minutes, as nothing had changed. I reopened the program, noticing that I captured black screens and wanted some of the good pixelated texture madness to post in my report, but the strobe effect had disappeared upon reopening the application, and it reached the menu screen (indicated by the same music) with a totally, perpetually black screen.

TL;DR

I think that the game breaking OS X bug is still somewhat unresolved.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:

I opened the game again after about an hour, and it came up with the crazy strobe effect with the weird mashup of textures. Upon closer examination, it was made up of various webpages I had recently been to in Safari, as well as a message I composed in Mail, and a few other programs. Rather odd.

Edited by GizmoGomez

So, to clarify a bit, and to say what I've noticed opening and closing the program a few times, the crazy texture thing isn't common, it's usually just a plain black screen. The music plays once the window opens, and sounds good. When I hit the fullscreen button, there's a white bar along the top of the blackness of the screen where the grey top bar thing (with the close button, minimize button, etc) used to be. That's basically it in a nutshell. It hasn't crashed on me since I first opened it.

My computer:

(But with 4 gigs ram and a 320 gig WD HD) Running OS X 10.8.2

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/specs/macbook-core-2-duo-2.0-aluminum-13-late-2008-unibody-specs.html

• 1 month later...

Downloaded the latest from Desura on Monday. As I did before I also downloaded the PC version and used a wine wrapper, that version seems to work very well with no graphics glitches.

I'm running latest version of mountain lion with 8GB Ram, core 2 duo 2.4GHz Macbook 7,1

But which version? If it's 17.5 then it's way outdated. The current windows one is 17.9.1 for reference.

I've just been using the latest windows in wine, and that's worked out nicely. basically, we're waiting for the windows version to be stable enough to warrant a mac port, so until then, just use wine. It's much simpler.

I have a MacBook with 2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7 processor, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM and Mac OS X (10.6.8).

I've downloaded the dmg-file 17.6 from Desura, but when I try to play all I get is a black screen while (introductory) music keeps playing.

(I can also select the 'about' option in the menu bar: it states 'version 0.17'.)

That is a very old build; we're all on v18 now.

Attention everyone using a mac!

Stop downloading the mac version. It's not up to date at all.

What I do is download the standalone Windows build, because it's always the most up to date. I then plop it into a wineskin wrapper, allowing me to play the Windows game in OS X.

If anyone wants me to give them the wrapper, please let me know and I'll post a download link and instructions on how to use it.