Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice View Post
    Same problem here. Mountain Lion, 17" i7, 16GB, 256SSD, Game crashes when starting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ko2fan View Post
    The ones reporting it wont start, have you tried the workaround above with moving the assets?

See last page this thread.

<facepalm>
    sorry, moving the assits fixed the crash on startup. I sorta mentally disregarded your posts as irrelevant because there was no clear indicator that you were part of the team. maybe you could make devs names red, or have a different background color so it is easier to differentiate between official responses and problem reports.
    </facepalm>

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Weekling
    Quote Originally Posted by Oathbreaker View Post
    See last page this thread.
    Jup, I did. Game starts (awesome!) but tactical = black screen. got the Xenonauts.2.dmg from desura. (v13.02 i guess?)

Quote Originally Posted by Oathbreaker View Post
    http://pastebin.com/aaMMxMkN

iMac 10.6.8

Was at full time compression going into air combat, music was sped up by the same factor (weird sound!), the combat seemed to go faster as well, won the combat, then froze and ctd. Error report above on pastebin.

The game runs jerky when there's several things moving on the Geoscape at once.
    Thanks for the report.

New bugs (not freezing/crashing/game breaking):

iMac 10.6.8

Cursor almost always stays as an "arrow" (my default computer cursor, I've never changed it) instead of changing to the Xenonauts crosshairs/cube. The two times the cursor DID change, however, where the only two times I've been able to assign scientists or hire personnel iirc.

The above issue may or may not have anything to do with this:

Air Combat screen - reducing tactical air speed is seemingly impossible sometimes, the reduced speed indicator just jumps back up to full when you try to reduce speed, whether or not you have Afterburners on. Imho reducing speed should auto-turn off Afterburner, but maybe that's a separate issue.

2.5GHz C2D 4GB MBP 10.6.8
    Xenonauts.2.dmg

After moving asset folder can now load game. Game works until entering tactical combat and then hangs on black screen.

Anyone else not getting the "square crosshairs" cursor when loading the game? I've gotten it maybe twice, and was (iirc) then able to assign scientists and hire personnel.

Still hoping for a way to be email-notified when a new Mac game client is released, as the Tactical game is still unaccessible to me.

EDIT: Looks like there is a way, just click "Track this game" in the top right of the http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts page.
    Last edited by Oathbreaker; 08-18-2012 at 14:57.

Oathbreaker, I will look into the crosshairs issue. I have fixed the problem with hiring scientists, but it involved removing a check that the window was currently in focus. Could be related issues. Thanks.

Cheers mate. Any news on the whole getting into Tactical mode freezeup bug?

The tactical freezing only seems to happen when using the stripped down assets, seems to be missing an asset. This will be fixed in the next version.