[V13] - Ground Combat - Crash to desktop

When I have shoot down the first UFO and try to engage in Ground Combat, the game crash to desktop. Happen 5 times out of 5 tries.

I play Full Game, Normal setting, no mods (new computer).

I tried Full Game, Easy setting, ignore first ground site and went to next ground site - game crash...

Update. The game crash on Quick battle too...

--O--

Edited by oracle1990
tested several times

Same problem here...

Validated the files: everything is fine

Running Windows 8 RP 64bit on an AMD Phenom II X4 955 with a ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Edit:

Am uninstalling and downloading again, to see if something went wrong with the update process

Nope, even after completely installing it again: CTD on initiating ground combat.

I do get to see the loading screen for 1 or 2 seconds then CTD

Edited by Kierian
new action

Are you shooting the UFOs down in the desert? maybe the game is trying to fetch non existent maps?

(Chris is the desert type maps added to the geoscape mesh? I'm wondering if community mappers can add their own desert maps in deserts yet or if the desert maps has to be put in between the industrial or farm map types.)

Edited by Gorlom

Bug: CTD when attempting to initate ground combat with a crashed ufo

Conditions attempted: Using the inital set-up of soliders and loadout provided. Attempts to initate ground combat over farmyard in night conditions, farmyard in day conditions, industrial in night conditions, industrial in day conditions (as according to the geoscape detail readout) with a light scout.

Steps to reproduce: 1) Start a new game. 2) Wait for a ufo to appear. 3) Shoot down ufo. 4) Send Chinook to crashed ufo. 5) Click to engage. Loading screen appears, crashes after loading screen disappears.

Can you validate all your files on Desura please? It shouldn't do that. It may be an issue with the files being downloaded incorrectly.

I have validated the files. Still the same error.

Has anybody tried skipping time to the point that Scouts appear, rather than Light Scouts, just to see if it's an issue with the Light Scout crash site?

Try to skip to first Scout - same error.

--O--

Does anyone have a standard pre-order and confirm that this is happening to them too? I uploaded it seperately to both branches so I'm wondering if there was an issue in one of the uploads?

Yes, I can confirm that the game immediately crashes when trying to engage in ground combat. Air combat seems fine though.

I noticed the industrial maps are missing from the "maps" folder and "levelsetup" refers to them. I don't know if this could be causing it.

Also if you try to load up a map in the level editor, an error occurs saying it cannot get the spawnmaps and targetmaps.

Edited by Khall

I noticed the industrial maps are missing from the "maps" folder and "levelsetup" refers to them. I don't know if this could be causing it.

Also if you try to load up a map in the level editor, an error occurs saying it cannot get the spawnmaps and targetmaps.

This is almost certainly the error. I'm at work for the next 6 hours, but when I get home I still have the files from before the update on my other computer. I will try to copy them to the latest version to see if the program will work once the maps are present.

OK, I think I've got this fixed up now. For some reason the uplaod didn't grab all the files it was meant to. Only problem is, the Desura guy went offline literally three seconds before I sent him a message asking him to approve the patch. So we might be waiting a while for the hotfix to be approved...

This is almost certainly the error. I'm at work for the next 6 hours, but when I get home I still have the files from before the update on my other computer. I will try to copy them to the latest version to see if the program will work once the maps are present.

Yes, I had been playing with the level editor the last two days and I see that submaps are missing in Industrial and Farm, for example. Also, most levels fail to load in the editor.

Does anyone have a standard pre-order and confirm that this is happening to them too? I uploaded it seperately to both branches so I'm wondering if there was an issue in one of the uploads?
I have standard pre-order and can confirm that when i send my unit to engage in mission at ground site after downing ufo it CTD's. what exactly is a while? a couple of days?

Standard pre-order and same error here.

Edited by Orumo
Poor English...