I was not expecting that......

on a side note......what if goldhawk starts adding the casualties of a failed terror mission to the counter on the geoscape? Maybe not apply the funding calculations to it (1 mission would kill, like, all the money) it might help keep up the atmosphere of a desperate battle.

on a side note......what if goldhawk starts adding the casualties of a failed terror mission to the counter on the geoscape? Maybe not apply the funding calculations to it (1 mission would kill, like, all the money) it might help keep up the atmosphere of a desperate battle.

You mean like ending a mission and seeing:

10 Aliens Killed 100 points

0 Xenonauts killed 0 points

1,875,143 Civilians killed -18,751,430 points

What spoiler? And how were you not expecting a spoiler with this topic?

spoiler of scripting about world governments will nuke Bogota if Xenonauts were unable to react within time frame...

i wish to discover this myself in the game rather than being told.... *blush*

You mean like ending a mission and seeing:

10 Aliens Killed 100 points

0 Xenonauts killed 0 points

1,875,143 Civilians killed -18,751,430 points

But what about the 6,971,863,290 civilians that DIDN'T die in the explosion? I deserve points for them!

Those surviving civilians should be weighed against the cost of the nuke itself, though. Nuclear weapons are really expensive! The world leaders have a right to be upset (and reduce your score) for having to squander one just because your team couldn't be bothered to show up for work.

Edited by Vivisector 9999

But what about the 6,971,863,290 civilians that DIDN'T die in the explosion? I deserve points for them!

Nah the government still has to feed them now that their own food production facilities glow in the dark and only produce small undernourished food crops that cry and beg if you try to eat them.

Those surviving civilians should be weighed against the cost of the nuke itself, though. Nuclear weapons are really expensive! The world leaders have a right to be upset (and reduce your score) for having to squander one just because your team couldn't be bothered to show up for work.

Now there's one reason not to sleep in. First line on page one of the Xenonaut handbook: "Have at least three different alarm clocks set in the morning."

I'd make a terrible, terrible, terrible Xenonaut. If I don't sleep in I'm basically sleep walking the first hours of work/school.