Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I was not expecting that......

Awards:
    Posting Award
    And raccoons, lots and lots of raccoons!
    Typical racoon. Lowering the tone of a perfectly good thread into comments about breeding.

but when I wrote bizarre, I though of Gauddlike and thothkins first. Now I think I know why...
    I disagreed strongly with this terrible slur on my reputation (such as it is), but my mutated second Chernobyl head thinks that you've got a point.

On that note, is there anything left of Iceland? At all?
    Yes, Bjork survives. Now she's 57 feet tall and radioactive. The end battle of Xenonauts is ripped straight out of a Godzilla movie. Chris remains elusive in Barbados with the Kickstarter pennies...

Also, in my opinion, gameplay > realism. If I want realism I'll go back to the army.
    Reminded for no reason of a scene in the rather decent Luther Arkwright. You get to see the lineage of our hero and it takes you back to WWI. Normally, for heroic literary license, you'd see him be the latest in a long line of heroes. Here, its just some poor sod freezing in a muddy, rat infested trench asking his mate for a smoke. Then the shell comes over...
    Last edited by thothkins; 08-06-2012 at 22:18.
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

Given how the standard military fared in Iceland, I would think they would first go for carpet or cluster bombing rather than ground troops. However, I was still surprised when I was warned at the beginning of my first terror mission that a nuclear bomb was plan B. I guess the guys in charge are really xenophobic now; a scaled response is out of the question.

As for what, if anything, is left of Iceland (besides Bjork) -- maybe the novella will cover that. Someone will have to tell me, though, I didn't find out about it until it was too late to change my donation.

Quote Originally Posted by Betuor View Post
    Crap, tried that e-bay, didn't work. I should have figures it out when he said he was a Swiss model and he had as many manfolds so as to be called origami. Crap, who's that at my door!?
    I hope I'll be back soon, the men in plaid finally caught up to. I now have some mental truma forming from the mind rape I recieved from thatanal probe. Does anybody know of any cheap sales on al-o-vera?

Quote Originally Posted by Korval View Post
    Given how the standard military fared in Iceland, I would think they would first go for carpet or cluster bombing rather than ground troops. However, I was still surprised when I was warned at the beginning of my first terror mission that a nuclear bomb was plan B. I guess the guys in charge are really xenophobic now; a scaled response is out of the question.

As for what, if anything, is left of Iceland (besides Bjork) -- maybe the novella will cover that. Someone will have to tell me, though, I didn't find out about it until it was too late to change my donation.
    Remember that the aliens detonated their craft in some way and caused a massive explosion anyway.
    I think of the nuke as a slightly more controlled explosion.
    You could hit the area with as many conventional weapons as you want then find you missed one enemy who was able to nuke the place when you went in to clear what was left.

The novella will not be limited to premium pre orders apparently so you should be able to read it for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Betuor View Post
    Does anybody know of any cheap sales on al-o-vera?
    You could try ebay...
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Remember that the aliens detonated their craft in some way and caused a massive explosion anyway.
    I think of the nuke as a slightly more controlled explosion.
    Does anyone else picture the self destruct like the scene in Predator, except with a Sebillian tapping into it's wrist bomb.
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

Ankle bomb, the wrist bomb is probably some kind of intellectual copyright

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauddlike View Post
    Ankle bomb, the wrist bomb is probably some kind of intellectual copyright
    You must keep up the pace, or die! Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock in ... Speed (walking)

when ankle bombs go bad

The new exercise craze exploding across the country

on a side note......what if goldhawk starts adding the casualties of a failed terror mission to the counter on the geoscape? Maybe not apply the funding calculations to it (1 mission would kill, like, all the money) it might help keep up the atmosphere of a desperate battle.

I thought they did. Am I mis-remembering?