Thread: [v12.1] It's too easy to shoot your own units - needs a confirmation dialog box

[v12.1] It's too easy to shoot your own units - needs a confirmation dialog box

Right now it's to easy to get troops to shoot each other - just click them in the wrong way. There should be a second level of confirmation for that. Similarly, the Esc key should take you out of the current activity (e.g. backpack viewing or moving of a character) instead of opening the exit menu.

Squaddie
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsWeekling
    Mostly shooting own units or other obstacles in your line of sight happens when you crouch. Usually a green circle appears over the soldier that's in your line of sight.

I think he means that he is using the targeting reticule and instead of pressing the weapon to cancel shooting mode he is trying to select another soldier. Meaning the first soldier tries to shoot at the soldier he tried to select?

Yup, exactly. The controls are a bit unintuitive. I shot my own guys several times now.

Speaking of reticules - I suspect this has already been covered, but you can't throw a grenade directly at an enemy. As soon as the reticule passes over an enemy the grenade throwing action changes into shoot action.

Squaddie
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsWeekling
    Ah, my bad, misread it.

How are you handling grenades? I
    right-click the grenade icon
    choose the type I want
    right-click the icon again to close the grenade selection screen (this one should close after selecting a grenade)
    left-click the grenade icon to go into "grenade throw mode"

Then I'm able to throw it at the enemy directly.