Clearly I am new to this Alpha and I understand that things will change and ballance out before the Beta or indeed release.

However I'm having trouble with air combat, I find it almost impossible to go toe to toe with 3 fighters vs 3 of my aircraft (have used both types).

I did once manage to kill 3 fighters with 2 of my own for no losses, but that was because the 3 hostiles followed on of my fighters and allowed the second to straif them all from behind. but when ever I use 3 v 3 they each follow one of my planes so I can't sneak up behind any.

Could anyone offer some advice or should I resign to the fact that 3v3 will = losses on every encounter?

I find the best strategy for 3 F-17 vs 3 Fighters is:

- Taget each fighter with a different plane (so it is 1 vs 1)

- Fire 1 missile at each fighter and when they start to roll, fire another, which should hit ( use pause to time it precisely)

- As you close in they will fire a missile at you, use roll to avoid (again, use pause)

- Finish them off with guns and evade their missiles which will probably still be flying around until they time out (they have a massive turning radius so it should be easy)

You should sustain only light damage doing this.

You could also do this with a mig and 2 F-17s, follow the same steps but when your mig fires its second volley, fire 1 missile at each fighter and use afterburner to get away.

Actually, Khall mentions something which probably should be looked at: TTL (Time To Live) of the alien Fighter Missiles.

Damn things have an inordinate amount of fuel and can often perform two or three massive loops before finally nailing one of your own fighters.

• 2 months later...