Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Builds to Beta!

Version 12.1 is the most stable of all that was before. I look forward to version 13. When there is no annoying bugs, the game is very addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Betuor View Post
    At the risk of sounding stupid, what is it?
    awww... where's the fun in being told? the race is on! first to find the obvious bug, WINS!

If you moved anything in the soldier inventory screen, elements of the Soldier Equip screen appeared in the background and if you accidentally clicked on any of them the game crashed. This is now fixed and I'm putting together the build now.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Sometimes, bugs are truely wierd. Imagine they have a soul:
    "Hey, dude, what kinda feature could we corrupt ? How to be a pain ?"
    "Got an idea Bob. Imagine, the player wants to move an item from intevtory screen... Then, we corrupt the background, and we cause a crash if he clicks on it!"
    "Oh Yeah, you're a genious Marshall. Dat's de behaviour we need. And They'll never gonna find how to fix us!
    By the way, next time we corrupt Geoscape when players right-clicks over an ocean"
    "Pointless, I love it! Let's to this!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If you moved anything in the soldier inventory screen, elements of the Soldier Equip screen appeared in the background and if you accidentally clicked on any of them the game crashed. This is now fixed and I'm putting together the build now.
    Can't wait, the only thing that's been keeping me off this game is the Crashes and save game corruptions. I've hated it every time my saves have been ruined, but I've never been able to keep off starting over more than a day or so, it's crazy addictive. Now if we could just get some more maps, then everything beyond that is just gravy! Final release is going to be so awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Whooo sweet. How do I get a hold of the next build when released? I'm at work now and bored out of my mind... Must have new build.
    Last edited by T04dSt0n3d; 07-31-2012 at 17:39.

Historically, it's announced here when it's uploaded to Desura, then when you next fire up Desura and run the game it will flag the changes with the next build, show you a changelog and ask if you want to make the changes. If you click yes, it will then alter the files to reflect the build. Be warned this can take a while, especially when everyone else is also trying to download the next build. It can also take a while for the Desura bods to actually update the build, even after the anouncement is made here on the forums.

Alternatively you can wait another few days and download the zip file when that is finally updated (validating that one takes longer than the client update)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    Alternatively you can wait another few days and download the zip file when that is finally updated (validating that one takes longer than the client update)
    I like that answer better, I cannot stand Desura. I guess what I hate most is having to rely on these programs, which I’m sorry to say sux.

Thanx for the info guys.

In how much time do you guys think the new build will be out?