Flashbangs?

As my my entry team stacked up against the doorway of another nest of alien scum cowering inside their pathetic ship I thought to myself, "o man am I excited for shields." My original plan of taking care of the aliens was stacking wood up against the entrance way. Then setting fire to it, and waiting outside patiently, smoking out the vermin like a bear.

But not only would this probably not be allowed by devs, but I'm sure the aliens have some sort of alien ship ventilator or something.

Then another idea. Flashbangs! Flashbangs? FLASHBANGS!

Its the perfect assault weapon to match a shield and stun gun wielding sucker....er.. valued xenonaut assault team member.

Bad idea? Too effective? Leave Chris alone he already has enough stuff to put into the game already?

Edited by Gus

I thought flashbangs was already in the works?

(Also why is this in the general goldhawk discussion instead of the suggestions forum?)

Edit:

The only issue here is the sheer size of the weapon sprites. Each weapon / armour combination is about 10 - 15mb, and the folder with the Xenonaut units in it is already over 1gb in size. I'm currently considering whether we'll want to cut out the Combat Shield and the Assault Shield, as each one of those needs to be rendered with 7 different weapons in the other hand for 5 different armour types, giving a total of 70 extra weapon / armour sets and nearly a 1gb increase to the size of the game to add effectively one item type. Particularly when we can add flashbangs instead. It'd save a bit of time on the coding front too. That'd mean we'd hopefully have all the Xenonaut units rendered and in the game by the end of the month.

PS. The shields are making it in since enough people commented on wanting to keep them.

Edited by Gorlom

• 2 weeks later...