Model Identifier: iMac7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2,8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Where's the download link?

Edit: I'm guessing you have to pre-order and/or get a personal email from the devs from speed-reading this thread? Could've sworn I backed the ...nevermind, guess not. I'm not an expert on Terminal but can follow simple directions (former Navy Diver, I'm used to procedures) and I was rather good at X-Com and Chaos Gate.

If a dev reads this and wants another Mac beta tester, you should have my email.

Edited by Oathbreaker

Oathbreaker: have you bought the game? could you tie your forum account to the desura account so that it shows a badge?

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/145-How-to-claim-your-Pre-Order-forum-badge!

I don't know anything about Mac but I can't seem to tell which Mac OS you are using? Shouldn't you provide that info?

Edited by Gorlom

Othbreaker: have you bought the game? could you tie your forum account to the desura account so that it shows a badge?

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/145-How-to-claim-your-Pre-Order-forum-badge!

I don't know anything about Mac but I can't seem to tell which Mac OS you are using? Shouldn't you provide that info?

10.6.8 a.k.a. Snow Leopard

Edit: iMac from about 2006/7 iirc. Never used Desura before.

Edited by Oathbreaker

Did you back Xenonauts on kickstarter? You should have gotten a Desura code in your email. might have ended up in your spam folder.

Make an account at Desura, use that code. Then link the 2 accounts by following the steps in that link I provided earlier.

Did you back Xenonauts on kickstarter? You should have gotten a Desura code in your email. might have ended up in your spam folder.

Make an account at Desura, use that code. Then link the 2 accounts by following the steps in that link I provided earlier.

Apparently did not back you guys on Kickstarter. Just paid the pre-order and found a Xenonauts.1.dmg on Desura after signing up, it's downloading now at 1.1GB - I should be good to go?

Anyone care to tell me how much of a p.i.t.a. this will be to get going? Any specific Terminal stuff I need to do to get moving? I kind of sort of know what binaries and libraries are, but ...yeah, that's about it.

Again, simple instructions = quickly followed by me.

Edit: It looks like Desura the auto-updating client is not yet Mac-compatible, so I'm guessing it's up to the old grapevine to find out when there's new versions uploaded to download, which I understand is a bit of a pain for the devs. Here's to hoping things work out, I'm in the planning stages of building a Windows PC.

Edited by Oathbreaker

A problem I found is, when engaging in battle it says the usual, "this may take awhile", but then it black screens. I've waited for awhile and it still hasn't loaded. Also the game goes from very laggy to super fast. I am on a 2008, Mac OSX Version 10.8 with a 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Yep, that happens with mine as well.

2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

With the new update, you can't even open the game. It just closes unexpectedly.

See Mac Bug thread, second to last page (or just see my post history) for a workaround. A folder got double-folded, i.e. it's

Resources/assets/assets/<gamefiles>

rather than

Resources/assets/<gamefiles>

or something very similar iirc. I have still yet to see ground combat, game always hangs with a black screen when I try to go into Tactical ground combat.

Hi! I have a 2.5 GHz C2D MBP with 4 GB of RAM running 10.6.8. I also have a 4GB i5 Air running 10.7.4 around as well.

I would mostly be trying to get the game to run on the MBP which it is not right now. It will run after moving the asset folder, but crashes upon entering tactical combat.

• 2 months later...

I just ordered the premium Version.

OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I just gave it a short test in window mode. It´s fairly lagy and took over a minute to even start. I assume thats a problem already on your table and ready for fixing (since there is no way a 2d based game should take this long) even if my iMac is a bit older. I´ll return later when i found some time to play - if you need help at a specific part of the game with my kind of oldish mac computer don´t hesitate to drop me a mail.

c ya

P.s. i also got a macbook but i rarly use it for gameing. If needed i give you the specifics and try to test.

The slowness is due to loading all the assets. Unfortunately unless you have an SSD this will be slow, especially on older macs since they used to come with slower laptop drives as standard. This will hopefully be fixed when asset loading is optimized (not specific to any platform)

I just tried the game on Win7 via Bootcamp on the same hardware and there were no performance problems. (well, since i use apples touch mouse the game constantly registered me as scrolling which was kinda annoying in battle - would be nice if i could turn that of in the mac version or reduce the sensibility)

When i start the mac version everything lags, even the world map or the start menu. I would not go as far as saing the PC Version is flawless in speed, but the lag i had over there was something i would have not noticed at all since i am fairly used to everything working a bid slower on this old computer. But hey, maybe there finaly will be new iMac next week.

Edited by Radon