"next on xenonauts alpha..."

Hey everyone, since I got on board this ship I found myself constantly checking the forum for alpha updates (I don't normally obsess this much over a computer game but I can't help it). I was just wondering if it would be possible in Chris's updates about the project to add a "next on xenonauts alpha" section that will discuss what's in line for the next build :)

I have to emphasize that this won't necessarily obligate him or his crew in anyway. Just so we can have something to clutch our expectations into.

I don't think it's that feasible to try to maintain a specific list like that for an alpha. Some features get bumped back by whatever glitches, whatever balance tweaks might get retweaked etc.

I mean sure it'd be neat and all, not sure how practical it really would be.

Understandable feelings to have. I think that if Chris actually made a 'next on Xenonauts Alpha' post then it might make the wait even harder. Plus you might be sad when some features that were planned didn't make it in the build.

And some people would hold it against the devs that 'promised features' were not available when they were advertised ahead of time.

Not the majority but it only takes a vocal minority for word to spread that the team can't keep their promises, even if it is a misunderstanding of how the alpha works.

Vague is good, treads the middle path between things to look forward to and things for some to whine about ;)

But what if it's too generalised...not clear enough..too ambiguous. I know what I'm trying to say here, sorry for being ....vague :)

Things to look forward to, but that you've pretty much got in the bag already might be a good way to go. Then you aren't promising something you can't deliver and it's close enough to completion for people to see it shortly.

Some of the larger updates have been full of nice surprises though, so I'd be fine if this didn't appear.