Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [V12] Civilians not having any sense of self preservation.

I think we should find some crawled under a desk. Cold war means "duck and cover" trainings.

Thothkins: I'm for the old Russian tactic of shooting any non-civvie that's running the wrong way. Deserters deserve to die. If they were too weak to take on aliens, they shouldn't have come to Xenonauts.

Name: When civvies flock your forces, you end up shooting them with stray bullets most of the time. I think too many of us have experienced NPC/follower bad line-of-sight behaviour in other games to repeat that. They should get behind your forces, not flock them. (hmm, perhaps using them as a meat shield isn't that bad an idea).

Mace: or in the bedroom? "Susie, it's the end of the world, you don't want to die a virgin do you?"...

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Quote Originally Posted by dekamme View Post

Thothkins: I'm for the old Russian tactic of shooting any non-civvie that's running the wrong way. Deserters deserve to die. If they were too weak to take on aliens, they shouldn't have come to Xenonauts.
    Ouch. Harsh. Why not give the group of civvies a single pistol between them and send them back into the combat to soften the aliens up for your Xenonauts

Quote Originally Posted by dekamme View Post
    Mace: or in the bedroom? "Susie, it's the end of the world, you don't want to die a virgin do you?"...
    From the Bed: "Hey do you mind?! We're trying to enjoy the end of the world, here!"
    Xenonaut: puts hand over eyes and walks through bedroom following the Caesian that crashed through it before him. "Ah, sorry folks..ah, don't mind me...oh hello vicar....um."
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

Squaddie
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsWeekling
    LOL! And I use that acronym very sparingly.

Pistol: nah, that's not that creative. Reality has people strapping bombs to their bodies and setting them off. Why not set them ablaze, then point them towards the aliens? The screams should disorient them, the frantic jumping around messes with accuracy, and when they meet it's - nothing like the smell of burnt alien in the morning.

Bed habits: Seeing how our species procreates may have scared the Caesian off. I've met some that scare me off - people can be quite nasty. I'd imagine Billy running for the aliens, chased by Susie holding a pink toy, him screaming "that wasn't worth it! Please kil me!".
    By no way is that related to why I was referencing that I met some that scare me off.

Ahh, now how did I end up on this topic... Time for a whisky refill.