Xenonauts 1 Pre-Generated Soldier List

Would there be a way to have a custom face pulled from the pool of public faces if the number code for it was put in? e.g. people can enjoy more diversity by seeing my portrait in the game, but if I make myself I don't have to stumble across clones?

I found a solution for this when I was trying to find a way to get more soldier faces for my portrait mod. If you want I can message you the code. Here is part of the conversation:

Nevermind! I found a workaround after a few hours of messing around. Basically under soldiernames.xml I added a new ethnicity called "cust" <Ethnicity name="cust" count="75" />

Then I went to a specific nation and added a count for the "cust" ethnicity so that it looks like this:

<Nation name="American" chance="15">

<Ethnicity name="nor" chance="1" />

<Ethnicity name="med" chance="1" />

<Ethnicity name="afri" chance="1" />

<Ethnicity name="cust" chance="5" />

This way I can get a lot of diversity on the portraits! :D

That's not exactly what he's asking. He's asking that if his custom soldier is set to appear in the game, that portrait will not appear on any randomly-generated soldiers at all. So when he's playing the game, the soldier that represents "him" is the only soldier in the game he'll see with his face.

• 11 months later...
  • Chris changed the title to Xenonauts 1 Pre-Generated Soldier List