Xenonauts 1 Pre-Generated Soldier List

Look who I got randomly ;) :

"Cpl. John Thothkins. Scottish, previously from Royal Highland Fusiliers, he was one of the starting members of the Xenonaut forces. A rather mediocre soldier, he was equipped with an M16 and Medipack. In his first mission he played a supporting role, suppressing the enemy from long range and guarding the flanks.

He got his first kill in his second mission. While the rest of the team moved up to assault the UFO, Thothkins was lagging behind due to his poor fitness. He had stopped for a breather outside a workshop, when a Ceasan noncom burst out of the door. Thinking quickly, he fired 3 rounds from close range. The alien dropped, not knowing what had hit him.

After that close encounter, Cpl. Thothkins began to improve. Over the next few missions, he began to play a bigger part in assaults. He flanked often and breached UFOs. As a result he became faster and more resilient, and was the 2nd most accurate soldier in the Xenonauts, although he was one of the weakest in the squad. He even got another kill. Cpl. John Thothkins had a bright future ahead of him.

His 7th mission was to be his last. Interceptors had disabled a new type of scout craft. The squad was sent in. When they arrived they quickly spread out. At first encountering no resistance, they began taking fire from a Ceasan guard armed with a plasma rifle. Thothkins went around a barn to ambush the alien from behind. Suddenly disaster struck. His commanding officer, Sgt. Xavier Lee, fired an AP rocket at the alien. Missing spectacularly, the rocket went past the Ceasan, through the barn and through Thothkins, eventually exploding against a fence. And like that, his promising life was cut short."

In memory of Cpl. John Thothkins - first Xenonaut Casualty

Edited by Khall

>sniff< a poignant tale of an underdog, rising against adversity (and an alien horde) to die nobly defending his planet.* >/sniff<

No doubt that this is just the first of many tales of brave John Thothkins joining Xenonaut squads around the globe.

*Noticeably, the first to die at the hands of one of his colleagues as well :(

Thank you for this moving >sob< tribute Khall.

Cpl. John Thothkins. Scottish, previously from Royal Highland Fusiliers

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who put down Scottish as nationality. I honestly thought that'd get changed to British when they put it through, apparently not though. :)

Are we supposed to have only armour on the paper doll? I thought there'd be stock people inside them? Like there was with Chris and Kris. My paperdoll is empty! :( Is this some sort of passive agressive comment on my life? :eek: *cries*

Interesting to see Mervyn Peake on there, since I thought the author of that named passed away in 1968, before the game began! Maybe this is Mervyn Jr.?

No, it's another of those faked deaths, before a quick jaunt into a parallel universe (a trick he learned while illustrating Alice in Wonderland) to join the Xenonauts a decade ahead of the Invasion.

Suppressed RPG features in Xenonauts will one day reveal his remarkable grasp of hunting down "Steerpike's"

Huzzah, my number won't be hard to remember at all, as it's my current age! (21, before someone comes at me with a "what, you mean you're #5?" joke :P) And I'll definitely need to have that Harkonen guy in my initial squad, even if he's one 'n' short of the well-known Dune surname.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you have to have a premium pre-order to get a custom soldier?
You needed to pay/donate enough money to reach that reward level in the kickstarter campaign a while back(it's closed now), and premium pre-order was included in that reward level so: Yes, you need to have a premium pre-order account to have bought a custom soldier when the custom soldier was available for sale. (simply because it was included in buying the custom soldier)

But you did not get one just because you had a premium account. (I don't have a custom soldier for instance)

Chris has hinted that he intends to open up custom soldiers again at some point (though the custom portraits will most likely not be available... you will have to pick one from stock if you choose to tie a portrait to your name). I'm not sure he knows how the transactions will take place yet (maybe paypal if he gets that opened with the new bank account :))

I have no idea if premium pre-order will be required or simply included. (By required I mean if you can get a custom soldier with just a regular pre-order or not, not that you would have to buy a premium pre-order separately to later buy a soldier... that would be silly...).

Edited by Gorlom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

id love to get a customer soldier but $100 is way to steep for me. it wouldn't surprise me if they readded custom soldier names only, not portraits for a cheaper price. great way to make some $$ and get people interested in your game. i named a star system after my gf and she loved the game, hated it until i learned that trick :)

id love to get a customer soldier but $100 is way to steep for me. it wouldn't surprise me if they readded custom soldier names only, not portraits for a cheaper price. great way to make some $$ and get people interested in your game. i named a star system after my gf and she loved the game, hated it until i learned that trick :)

$100 is the soldier name only. Goldhawks artist doesn't have time to create more portraits afaik (and they don't want to hire more because their styles would clash or something)

On kickstarters the rewards were:

100: name in the pregenerated list.

150: name in list + get to select a portrait tied to the name.

200: name and custom portrait.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69341191/xenonauts?ref=live (check the pledge tier list on the right.)

You can always rename a RNG soldiers callsign to whatever or whoever you want (in game and without needing to pay any extra)

• Chris changed the title to Xenonauts 1 Pre-Generated Soldier List