Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linux Users Needed!

I am running Arch Linux 64 bit. No .deb or .rpm packages would work for me but a tarball of binaries would suffice I think.

I don't think theres any benefit of a tarball over the zip file.

Arch 64bit here as well.

I'm running Gentoo (64 bit) linux; I'm up for some basic testing. A non-RPM version is going to be required for gentoo (there are ways to install RPMs, but my experience is that it's rarely as simple or straightforward as it should be). My preference, frankly, is for a tarball that just contains the game directory, with all necessary files in it. If the game wants to create a .xenonauts directory in my homedir for config files, it should do that when the game is run (e.g. if it should look for config files, and if it can't find them, create defaults).

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 also and can give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by arisian View Post
    I'm running Gentoo (64 bit) linux; I'm up for some basic testing. A non-RPM version is going to be required for gentoo (there are ways to install RPMs, but my experience is that it's rarely as simple or straightforward as it should be). My preference, frankly, is for a tarball that just contains the game directory, with all necessary files in it. If the game wants to create a .xenonauts directory in my homedir for config files, it should do that when the game is run (e.g. if it should look for config files, and if it can't find them, create defaults).
    The windows version can already be downloaded as a zip file you can just extract to play. The Linux version will take care of extracting the files and a script that calls wine for you, so as long as you have wine installed you can play instantly after installing.