Chris & Game Central (Metro)

Hi Chris,

since you are based in london, would you consider doing a short interview with The Metro's Game Central (I'm sure you know who they are, but for those that don't. GC used to be Digitiser, a Teletext service on channel 4 with a country-wide following). I've let them know how you and the team are getting on with Xenonauts and they are very interested (probably because they are around the same age/love the original).

It would be good publicity for the game, now that it's nearly ready.

He's just got back to me and said he would like to, so no need to hound him! I've let GC know so they should be getting in touch with him soon. The guys at GC are big fans of Xcom, so I'm sure they will do a good job. Seeing Xenonauts will make a change from all those identikit modern warfare titles they review i guess...

• 1 month later...

Tell you what guys, GC are being pretty slow with regards to getting in touch with Chris about an interview. Considering I learnt about xenonauts from someone on there (and a few others have come here due to my activity regarding the advertising of xen at GC) it would be worthwile sending a short email to gc just to let them know you would be interested in seeing what Chris has to say on their pages. Here's how to show them the error of their ways ;-) - email to:

gamecentral@ukmetro.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Yessss! David from GC has just got back to me. I'll PM this to Chris too:

Sorry, we never did get around to that. Can you ask him to get in contact and we'll see what we can do.

David.

On 3 October 2012 02:23, Ooey E.P.E <ooey@hotmail.com> wrote:

GC, now that you are reviewing kickstarter projects (many of which are rather good like this one) will you do, as you promised, one on Xenonauts - which is nearly ready and is looking great? Chris England says you havn't even contacted him yet for a preview even though he's happy to do it (he is based in london after all). It would be nice to compare it with the new x-com console game too, as they take different approaches to the franchise.

Ooey

GC certainly aren't fly-by-night, but you've probably never heard of them.

Over here in the UK we have something called Teletext (soon to be shut down soon) which gets broadcast with our TV channels (don't know if you ever had a similar system in the US - look it up on youtube). Game Central used to be the most popular pages on Channel 4's text service (100s of thousands of readers every day). Before that, they were known as Digitizer. They started in the late 80s I believe, and myself and many fellow brits have loved their honest reviews of games over the decades - honest because, unlike games mags etc. they can truly say what they think and can't be bribed.

Have a look at the site - the link is in one of the posts above. It's still a thriving little community now that it has been transferred to the net, and is a good source for all things gaming.

Edited by ooey

Actually, it's about time we as the xen community made a noise about it to our local games mags/online games forums etc. to get more people interested and let them know it's out there. UFO: EU wasn't critically acclaimed for nothing - there must be plenty more out there who like this sort of game. So get writing people - the game is nearly finished, and if we advertise for Chris and his team then there may be more good stuff to come from them (drool!).

OK then - Starsky & Hutch? The Professionals??? Space 1999? UFO... oh, wait...

Oh I'd love a good Blakes 7 game. The opportunities to back stab your own team mates, and take on the Federation, would be simply amazing. I'd hate to think that the personal goals of the characters would be lost in some pathetic black v white scenario.

Starsky & Hutch - The Game

UFO's an interesting choice. A covert, underground based, internationally funded group of agents intercept and recover aliens and their technology using Interceptors and Skyrangers. Do you think it might have legs, and I don't just mean the miniskirts in the series?

What I would give for a Moonbase add on to X-Com :)

Starsky & Hutch - the game: cheats would go direct to Huggy to get all the answers within 5min of beginning the game, since Huggy Bear knows "the word on the street". Captain Do(l)by (noise reduction system) blows the fuses in your speakers with his rants(!) - that can't be good.