[v12 Geoscape] Chinook refuses to land troops, and...

Barely started a new game. Played around with base layout, troop loadouts. UFO appeared, I sent two F-17s to intercept it and they brought it down but went bingo fuel in the process, so they had to RTB immediately afterwards. I sent the Chinook out to the crash site, but after a while the site disappeared from radar so the Chinook had to go to last known position. However, even when it reached it refused to land the troops. When I clicked on the site again it told me to send interceptors, but my F-17s refused to take off too.

Oh, and after repeatedly trying and failing to send the interceptors, it CTD'd too.:( Which lead straight to the loading saves crashes the game bug too.

And I get 404'd when trying to attach the save. :confused:

Edited by WarpObscura

Right now you can't re-intercept from a unit already in flight by clicking on the target - you need to click on the unit in flight and choose 'select new target', then click on the crash site. That said, maybe you could add the idea to the suggestions board.

No problem.

Did the crash site disappear while in route to the crash site or did you get there and it wouldn't give you the "engage or cancel" box?

It disappeared while en route, so the prompt came up for the Chinook to go to last known position. When it reached there, I could click on the crash site. However, it kept asking me to scramble interceptors. The Chinook also refused to land.

No problem.

It disappeared while en route, so the prompt came up for the Chinook to go to last known position. When it reached there, I could click on the crash site. However, it kept asking me to scramble interceptors. The Chinook also refused to land.

Yeah, what you needed to do (and maybe couldn't because the crash site was taking precedence from the click menu) was click on the Chinook and choose 'select new target'.

The real issues here are likely twofold:

1. Right now if you click on multiple objects (like a UFO and a squadron occupying pretty much the same space), the game just selects one of them, but you may want the other. X-Com would pop up a little menu to ask you which one you wanted.

2. It would be nice if you could re-order intercepts from interceptors already in flight, so clicking on the crash site would enable to you send an in-flight chinook there, or clicking on a UFO would send an in-flight interception squadron there. As is you must select the squadrons and designate its target.