Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maps Made With Kickstarter Version

The quick battle takes you to the screen where you build your first base but as soon as you place and name it the ground mission launches.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

There we go. It is working as intended then.

It's just... a bit counter-intuitive. I'd really suggest adding that bit of info to the wiki as well.

Have done, hopefully Chris will leave the quick battle in, at least as a testing tool for ground combat.

Okay, I'm extremely confused now, but not about the map editor.

I accidently deleted my tiles/industrial/Office folder. No big problem right? Apparently, wrong. I went to go re-extract the folder from the Xenonauts_Kickstarter_Demo.zip and almost everything is there. Except... I no longer have the OfficeWallInnerSE and OfficeWallInnerSW image files. They're magically gone, poof. I know they were there because I've been using them in my current map project.

Does Xenonauts automatically generate the images for some assets? I'm asking because apparently they were never there in the .zip to begin with, yet they were created somehow. If that's to no avail, could someone zip up those two files for me if it's not too much of a burden?

Here's a screenshot of the map in progress if you're interested why I need these two files.
    http://i.imgur.com/VtxJu.jpg
    I enjoy making complex map geometry if you can't tell.

Holy crap that looks interesting.

(Just how big is that/those submap/s?)

None of them are bigger than 15x15. I designed them to be interlocking and allow for limited randomization.

Map idea is: Huge office complex of XYZ megacorp. Player lands the chinook in the front parking lot and has to fight/blow up their way through the complex to the landed/crashed alien ship in the back courtyard.

I'd say that screenshot shows about... 8 submaps or so?

Since you saw the thread, could you look in your folder and see if you have the two named files?
    Last edited by Destro; 06-23-2012 at 08:38.

Awards:
    Posting Award
    wow, that brought on an Apocalypse flashback. Nice to see what an interior mission would look like.

I don't have an OfficeWallInnerSE and OfficeWallInnerSW. I do have an OfficeWallBaseSE and OfficeWallBaseSW for those.
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

That's really weird. I'm literally looking at the walls I placed in one of the earlier submaps. Here's what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/qCk0V.png

Da fork is going on?

Look again at that screenshot.
    The image is OfficeWallInnerNE but the spectre says OfficeWallInnerSW.
    There is no image file for the one you said was missing, it is just a spectre that uses an existing image (WallNE) but moves it to align with the SW edge instead of the NE edge..

The spectre file should be there so look for that, not the image file.

That's a piece of info I must have overlooked. I think I understand what's going on now. Before, I was blanket-loading entire folders and scrolling through them until I found something relevant. Now that I know most of the tiles, I've been cherry-picking specific images that I remember using.

It's odd how I accidentally deleted my Office folder right before I actually started looking specifically for that tile.

The map editor's confusing enough as it is. Thanks anyway for everyone's time.