[v12 - General] CTD corrupts saved games

I have wandered around many of the issues that cause CTD and found one definite fix for the weapons xml file but find myself again starting from scratch as this did not solve the last CTD on shooting an alien

OK, it's Alpha, crashes will happen and it's nice to find workarounds when you can but I was surprised that I could not easily find a thread reporting what I believe to be a much bigger issue: If the game crashes it corrupts all of your save games and you have to start completely from scratch.

I thought this was pretty big and worth logging as an issue in its own right. I am hoping that this is something that will be addressed in the next release.

I can also confirm this. CTD does indeed corrupt all my saves.

This bug makes playing the game very hard as I often CTD at the moment. While annoying, hey, it's a beta, I get it. But I try saving often to compensate, however this bug seems to quash that work-around. Hope it's not to crazy to correct.

Edit: Seems to only corrupt the last save I made I believe.

I will continue to update this as I have better conformation.

Edited by TheRedDuke
update

Edit: Seems to only corrupt the last save I made I believe.

I will continue to update this as I have better conformation.

I can confirm that, for me, it only corrupted the most recent save. I was able to go back to a previous autosave and continue my game from there.

I thought I had added more detail but could not find it when I went back.

Initially I had a CTD. This left all saves but the last auto save un-loadable. That save did have a crash site on the map but could be loaded. Any subsequent saves made however would crash on load.

After wandering around here I found the XML fix for rapidfire, applied that, deleted all my save files and started over.

2 subsequent CTDs on shooting an alien resulted in no loadable saves at all.

Recently I removed all existing Xenonauts files, unpacked the zip from scratch, applied the rapidfire xml patch and kicked off a new game.

I have been careful to wait until there are no craft in the sky when saving. A while into the game auto saves stopped saving (I'll add the game date they stopped later). I still get maps with aliens that do not update from 0% chance to hit and shooting them still CTDs but so far my manual saves are still usable.

• 5 weeks later...

I saved with an alien base/crash on the map yesterday, this corrupted my last save (A) from yesterday, and the most recent one before that (B). I tried another random save ©, that seemed to work. I tried re-loading save (B); again crash.

So this bug causes *some* of my saves to go corrupt. Odd.

What's this XML patch?

It really is unplayable right now. 4th time having CTD corrupt my save files, has happen with alot of the bugs reported already. 0% aim in plain sight, grenades exploding, air combat, etc. This is my first post and I just pre-ordered last night around 7pm est

Edited by bushidoblaze