[v12 - Ground Combat] Freeze During Alien Turn

I think this bug carried over from v12

Anyways, the game stopped during the alien turn with the Hidden Movement screen. I had fired rockets, so the Suicide Smoke Death glitch may have been the culprit.

Circumstances:

- Terror Mission

- Corvette

- Grassland (My first time on the tileset nonetheless)

- Right after first Xenonaut turn

I'm pretty sure that this crash is often caused by aliens running through smoke and/or fire, and dying during their own turn.

I'm wondering if, if this isn't an easy issue to fix, how about until the AI is smart enough to avoid roasting itself, could the fire be removed, just to make the game more stable?

• 2 weeks later...

I also experienced this with an alien dieing in a grenade fire, also "reptilian thing", and terror mission.

Editded:

And again during an terror mission. This time last thing i heard was an unknown sound of soem wounded alien.

I can confirm Moxars statement, just wait around 10 minutes.

Edited by Skar

Incidentally, in case people don't realize, you needn't have the game in the foreground. I tasked out, checked my e-mail (empty <sigh>) and went to take a nap. When I came back, I tasked back in, heard a few more civilians quickly die, and was back to the hunt.

On the off-chance it helps, these are the details of my first experience with this bug:

* first terror mission

* third or fourth turn

* night

* some town map (it had a gas station, but I'd never seen it before and so can't be more specific)

* ship: corvette

* aliens: sebilleans and caesans

* first appearance of heavy plasma rifles