"Undo" for base design

I would like to be able to change the placement of a new building for free if, while I'm laying out a new base, I decide on a better placement. As it is, I have to pay to bulldoze a building for which a single board has not yet been laid.

Do you want this just for laying out a new base, or would you prefer it to be extended to putting new components into any existing bases? Furthermore, what's your preferred cut-off for undo? After you leave the screen? Before the first game-day of building is done?

Until you leave the base menu nothing has actually been done as the game is paused.

It makes sense that you could make alterations until that point and be refunded the whole cost of the building you have demolished.

Limit it to buildings that are still on 0% construction.

I think i'd prefer there to be an "ok" and "cancel" button to drop out of the "build stuff" screen.

You can have a running total of what the proposed changes might cost you etc. but until you hit ok, your funds aren't debited. If you hit cancel, nothing happens.

Undo just seems a little... messy.