[V12] Targeting bug.

I had a similar occurrence. One of my snipers, when i moused over the alien (a grey) I only got the grey circle, not the target reticule. A grunt (M-16 burst suppression fodder trooper) got a targeting reticule when I moused over the same alien.

• 1 month later...

I have experienced similar behaviour:

- Stuck in firing mode, can be cancelled by clicking another soldier, then switching back to the original solder

- Grenade: Right-click grenade icon to choose one, press the proper grenade (eg switch from flare to grenade - while the solder wasn't carrying a flare to begin with), should close the grenade choice window. It doesn't. I can throw the grenade though.

- Seconded on the burst fire oddities. When ending a turn with a soldier selected with burst fire activated, the next round selecting another soldier often switches him to burst as well.

• 3 months later...

V 17.1 Stuck in MG mode when I switched to M-16 gunner. He could only fire a burst when I wanted him to throw a grenade. Could not get away from the MG burst symbol until I had M-16 gunner fire a burst. (which I could never do before but could after I equipped a machine gunner. Similar to Dekamme's experience.

V 17.1 Stuck in MG mode when I switched to M-16 gunner. He could only fire a burst when I wanted him to throw a grenade. Could not get away from the MG burst symbol until I had M-16 gunner fire a burst. (which I could never do before but could after I equipped a machine gunner. Similar to Dekamme's experience.

Press B.

Ok, Why? DOes that clear the mode? And where did you find this info?

Thanks Buzzles

'B' switches between fire modes in GroundCombat. It's in the options menu :)

It'll let you get out of the issue with it being stuck in burst mode. You could have also swapped to a soldier that has a single shot weapon (rocket launcher, pistol, sniper) if you had one, as doing that also fixes the stuck-in-burst-mode issue.