Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: On Promotion

There will be no bonuses for ranks as they are purely to represent soldier progression, not to represent actual job roles.

The rank names can easily be changed, this discussion was about if that was a change that should be considered for the vanilla version to avoid confusion/annoyance for some sections of the player base.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Yeah. It's easy enough looking to tweak so I'll be "grunting" the ranks on mine. Although "Sparkle Pony", as someone suggested has a nice ring to it
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

by the response of Chris i guess i'll have to hope that the modders amongst us will make a mod to cap the amount of soldiers in each rank, i must admit that i'm disappointed that it seems to be a flat refusal to even consider it though.

Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I don't really have any interest in redoing the rank system to be honest. The current one works and I can't see a different system being so definitely better that it's worth redoing everything for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo753 View Post
    by the response of Chris i guess i'll have to hope that the modders amongst us will make a mod to cap the amount of soldiers in each rank, i must admit that i'm disappointed that it seems to be a flat refusal to even consider it though.
    Yeap. It appears that the developers have a completely different idea about what works in contrast with the players. I wonder if

1) They have actually played and finished all 3 original games in the series and their attempted remakes
    2) Give any of the feedback and opinions about specific aspects of the game(except for bug reports) any actual consideration

But, well, I guess it is just me...Being a hardcore, short-minded, loud person and all...

That's exactly how I describe you Thunder

And the devs are working with a tight budget and I think they focus on improvements more than additions. The ranking system is fine but I like the idea of only one commander per base. That seems realistic and possibly more balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Daringunicorn View Post
    That's exactly how I describe you Thunder

And the devs are working with a tight budget and I think they focus on improvements more than additions. The ranking system is fine but I like the idea of only one commander per base. That seems realistic and possibly more balanced?
    i understand that and i'm not suggesting that the dev's alter theres attention just that it can be reviewed/considered once the game is closer to a final build.

Of course

Beta is Beta and everything is subject to change and several iteration. Wasn't accusing you of anything btw!

Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo753 View Post
    i understand that and i'm not suggesting that the dev's alter theres attention just that it can be reviewed/considered once the game is closer to a final build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daringunicorn View Post
    Of course

Beta is Beta and everything is subject to change and several iteration. Wasn't accusing you of anything btw!
    Nope, Simmo, he was not accusing you, he was accusing me .

And, Darin, it is still an alpha, but the developers have stated that some things will not change "...that late in the development."
    Last edited by ThunderGr; 07-14-2013 at 02:34.

My apologies I could have sworn at some point they stated that steam would mark the beginnings of the beta, but at this point it doesn't even matter. Alpha, Beta they are all stages of development.

yeah didn't mean to sound defensive, i was shocked about Chris's response regarding it, i had up until that point thought he was very openminded about the community's wishes, it seems now that he has little time for change and will only look at fixing.

Sorry if it sounds like i'm blasting Chris btw i'm sure he has alot on his plate and i do hope that he becomes more open to it again once things are more complete.