Build V12 Released!

I've been wondering something, will you be able to get the same soldier multiple times when the game is done? Or is it intended that soliders are unique and once they die you won't see them in that game again? (Talking specifically about the custom ones now)

You mentioned you'll see a lot of the same soliders now but is that intended to say until launch? I would personally like to see that if a solider gets picked and put into your game and then dies you should never get that person again, of course this may have been the plan all along? :)

I'm guessing with 100 custom portraits+names, and (#looks at kickstarter#) a potential further 140 custom names, at launch there will be potentially 240 custom soliders for the aliens to kill.

EDIT: I'd be impressed if somone did a reverse pokemon and killed them all!

Also, Game-Tester, I replied to your post when you first made it. Please stop spamming it. I've seen you post the same thing four times now. A lot of the stuff is impossible to implement, as was pointed out the first time.

Is there then any way for me to get my money refunded? "should work fine" is a nice assumption but I actually need it in a window, need to move it around. So, well, pretty bad for a pc release, actually, that you cannot give your customers windowed mode.

Nice list of changes, will finally have time to fire up and have a look at this tonight.

BTW, you mentioned you might sell the soldier names as a pre-order extra after the kickstarter. have you made any decision on this?

I only ask as my wife went into hospital and I had to reduce my pledge on the last day to cover costs. I would love to be able to have name, nationality and a chosen portrait in the game. But with kickstarter now closed I cant :(

Is there then any way for me to get my money refunded? "should work fine" is a nice assumption but I actually need it in a window, need to move it around. So, well, pretty bad for a pc release, actually, that you cannot give your customers windowed mode.

Have you tried the suggestion for running in windowed mode?

The 'should work fine' assumes you will check it and see if it does work on your system.

I can tell you it works on mine but that means nothing unless you check it yourself.

I am a bit baffled now.

Backstory: Got two 1280x1024 on my main Graphics Card. Usually I play games on 1280x720 in windowed mode.

So that is what I tried to do with Xenonauts (and 720p is smaller than my screen resolution). Now you are the first to say "well, windowed mode is working for me" (I always thought it works for nobody) so I tried every other resolution available and 1024 by 768 works in a window.

Do I need to understand why that works and the other resolutions do not?

Still a bit sad that I can't play widescreen but I guess its better than not playing at all, from the videos and forum reactions I see. Looking forward to finally trying this game out.

Edited by maweki

What is your native resolution on your main screen?

I usually run full screen 1920x1080 (native), but I tried now with windowed 1024x768 and there was no problem. GTX680, latest Nvidia drivers, win7 x64 SP1. Maybe try disconnecting one monitor just to see if that has an effect?

Edited by IceVamp

Yes run in windows mode myself with 1024 by 768 just fine on...well XP. :o Keep in mind its still in alpha, its not even feature complete. Id wait till Beta to get ancy, thats when they start working system compatiablity issues.

Edited by ender101

The window mode is quite peculiar - both sides have to be less than the size of your desktop for it to work in windowed mode, else it just defaults to full screen. It's an annoying bug but it's one that we can't fix and the ability to play either full screen or in a window smaller than your screen means that most people can work around it.

It's mostly more than dual-head and fullscreen, besides always using the wrong monitor, almost always fopps up my setup, especially when an application crashes or moves anything around. And with any luck the Fullscreen-application captures my mouse properly. Not always happening. Mostly not.

I am at a point where I don't even bother with games when I am not 100% sure that they will work as a window. That was why I was especially disappointed in you guys because I saw that there was a windowed-mode in the menu and it just did not work for me. Now it works and almost everything is fine.

Thanks.

Is anybody having a problem loading there saves? Even time I try to load any of my saves it CTDs-wondering if it didn't install right.

By the way it looks great, alot of good features here. Its good to see xenonauts reaction fire added.

Is anybody having a problem loading there saves? Even time I try to load any of my saves it CTDs-wondering if it didn't install right.

By the way it looks great, alot of good features here. Its good to see xenonauts reaction fire added.

Ok. sorry I see it was already mentioned in the bug report thread-should have check there first.