Build V12 Released!

I´m not sure if anyone managed to do it, but i just loaded a game sucessfully ! I was playing in ironman mode and just finished a ground combat then looked at some base screens and closed the game. Didn't quit the launcher then tried to load successfully. Then closed and quit the game completely and was able to load it again. I hope that helps debugging the problem.

If I remember correctly, saving a game with a UFO or terror mission up will cause the game to crash when you load it.

If I remember correctly, saving a game with a UFO or terror mission up will cause the game to crash when you load it.

Ok. I thought it was a generalized problem (no-one or almost no-one being able to load games in any situation)

Originally Posted by thothkins

that's a creepy thought. Folks sitting around their X-Com type games only selecting soldiers with particular gender/ethnicity...

Originally posted by Ace

How so?

Well...

If someone wants to take those risks, and is capable of doing so, then taking that choice away from them because of their gender, race, or any other reason is not a good thing.

and ...

The bottom line is male female, straight gay if you can consistently prosecute a target with the weapon you were trained on everything else is somebody crying because they don't have anything else better to do.

wow, posting has got so much easier for me :)

So any word on the next build?

Just guessing based on what I've seen in the past builds released...probably some time this weekend. I wouldn't worry overmuch about it. Chris releases builds fairly often and if there is a greater gap in between releases, well, then, there is a greater amount of changes in the new release.

Also- why has this whole female soldiers conversation gone on for so long? Irregardless of your viewpoint in the matter you will be ultimately satisfied in the final build. Why? because people will mod this game like crazy. Don't want women in the game? Prolly be a mod for that. Want to change the male to female ratio? Probably be a mod for that too. Only want female soldiers with yourself as the one male soldier with the name Charlie and the female soldiers named angels? What the hell- why not?

If anything I want a mod where I can play as aliens and I have to deal with those pesky Xenonaut invaders landing on my planet- what a bunch of jerks!

Edited by Gus

If anything I want a mod where I can play as aliens and I have to deal with those pesky Xenonaut invaders landing on my planet- what a bunch of jerks!

Thank you! I so want this mod now. Flip the story and don't care that it doesn't make sense. Xenonauts slowly increasing in tech as they perform missions while the aliens get to use new races that join the "allienace" (:P) to fight of the pesky Xenonauts.

(PS. despite the second sentience I'm not being sarcastic. I really would enjoy that mod and not care if the story seemed odd)

Edited by Gorlom

"Irregardless is an informal term commonly used in place of regardless or irrespective, which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century, though the word appeared in print as early as 1795. [1] Most dictionaries list it as "nonstandard" or a word which has become socially acceptable. "Nonstandard" means the word is a colloquialism, not "incorrect" or not a word"

Irregardless sounds better- but I shall concede the point to you sir!

Thank you! I so want this mod now. Flip the story and don't care that it doesn't make sense. Xenonauts slowly increasing in tech as they perform missions while the aliens get to use new races that join the "allienace" (:P) to fight of the pesky Xenonauts.

(PS. despite the second sentience I'm not being sarcastic. I really would enjoy that mod and not care if the story seemed odd)

Caesan #857462 looked up at the sky with dread. Just the other day he had been mind-speaking to Caesan #857463 that there was a possibility that the humans might retaliate. Pink skinned demons had haunted his dreams ever since the fleet had been destroyed in the Sol system. The pink skins had learned their technology and improved upon it, bringing disgrace to their mightiest warriors. Caesan #857463 had laughed at him, thinking him a fool and that the pink demons could never find their planet. He was wrong. Looking up at the burning sky he could see the mighty Human warships warping into view and releasing thousands of tiny shuttle craft into their orbit.He thought of his son, Caesan #857462jr, and his wife, Caesan #857462f. A surge of dread rushed through him as he thought about what the Xenonauts would do to his family, probing and cutting through them for their own nefarious ends. They were doomed. Unless, somehow, they could unite their broken alliance with the other races and fight back.

Allienance: Wrath of the Xenonauts

Edited by Gus

haha that was delightfully silly. the Jr and f were a nice touch.

Would you have Allienance: WotX play out on an exact replica, mirrored earth, upside down earth or land/water inverted earth? For the geoscape I mean?

I' kinda of prefer if the Xenonauts didn't have the best equipment from the start. but that the xeno campaign were just some twillight zone where humans assaulted aliens (with inferior tech) and stole their advanced weapon technology while the xenos upgraded by adding more races to their arsenal.