Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Build V12 Released!

I'm still working on it. Matthew's having some computer problems so I'm not sure whether to release an untested build or wait till he's sorted out.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    If anything I want a mod where I can play as aliens and I have to deal with those pesky Xenonaut invaders landing on my planet- what a bunch of jerks!
    Thank you! I so want this mod now. Flip the story and don't care that it doesn't make sense. Xenonauts slowly increasing in tech as they perform missions while the aliens get to use new races that join the "allienace" () to fight of the pesky Xenonauts.

(PS. despite the second sentience I'm not being sarcastic. I really would enjoy that mod and not care if the story seemed odd)
    Last edited by Gorlom; 06-28-2012 at 19:57.

"Irregardless is an informal term commonly used in place of regardless or irrespective, which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century, though the word appeared in print as early as 1795. [1] Most dictionaries list it as "nonstandard" or a word which has become socially acceptable. "Nonstandard" means the word is a colloquialism, not "incorrect" or not a word"

Irregardless sounds better- but I shall concede the point to you sir!

Chris, I think you should make it a weekend release. If the "this game is unplayable" complaints were anything to go by last time, better to wait for Matthew to give it a go first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    Thank you! I so want this mod now. Flip the story and don't care that it doesn't make sense. Xenonauts slowly increasing in tech as they perform missions while the aliens get to use new races that join the "allienace" () to fight of the pesky Xenonauts.

(PS. despite the second sentience I'm not being sarcastic. I really would enjoy that mod and not care if the story seemed odd)

Caesan #857462 looked up at the sky with dread. Just the other day he had been mind-speaking to Caesan #857463 that there was a possibility that the humans might retaliate. Pink skinned demons had haunted his dreams ever since the fleet had been destroyed in the Sol system. The pink skins had learned their technology and improved upon it, bringing disgrace to their mightiest warriors. Caesan #857463 had laughed at him, thinking him a fool and that the pink demons could never find their planet. He was wrong. Looking up at the burning sky he could see the mighty Human warships warping into view and releasing thousands of tiny shuttle craft into their orbit.He thought of his son, Caesan #857462jr, and his wife, Caesan #857462f. A surge of dread rushed through him as he thought about what the Xenonauts would do to his family, probing and cutting through them for their own nefarious ends. They were doomed. Unless, somehow, they could unite their broken alliance with the other races and fight back.

Allienance: Wrath of the Xenonauts
    Last edited by Gus; 06-29-2012 at 02:43.

haha that was delightfully silly. the Jr and f were a nice touch.
    Would you have Allienance: WotX play out on an exact replica, mirrored earth, upside down earth or land/water inverted earth? For the geoscape I mean?

I' kinda of prefer if the Xenonauts didn't have the best equipment from the start. but that the xeno campaign were just some twillight zone where humans assaulted aliens (with inferior tech) and stole their advanced weapon technology while the xenos upgraded by adding more races to their arsenal.

We won't stand for this human aggression!
    We tried to simply show them the error of their ways, with limited, surgical strikes, but rampant human militarism will engulf our solar system, if we do not take immediate action.
    Enlist your clone now!

This idea is hilarious. I would definitely pay full price for an expansion like that.
    There are 2 ways to reach Cydonia:
    1). Build the Avenger
    2). Build a mountain of dead rookies

A great new expansion AND I get to use the word irregardless again as I was dressed down for using it much in the same fashion. All in one thread. I just don't know if I can stand it

Quick note for those who prefer the .zip file D/L over installing the Desura client. The direct D/L page has been updated, and it appears to be the new 12.1 we've been waiting for. Link